account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia ZL sudden death

Regular
Message 81 of 121
Message 81 of 121

Re: Xperia ZL sudden death

hi everyone..

i have a sony xperia zl. within 1 month of purchasing the phone got dead. sony replaced it for me but after 18 days..this was dissapointing. after 20 days it again caused problems. it hanged so much that i had to restart it atleast 10 times a day. i went to service centre, they said they had repaired the software(actually factory reset was done)..it was good till 10 days..after that it again started hanging....this time it hanged so much..for eg. whatsapp took 13 minutes to open...again went to service station they did a software repair without any results...now i have given my phone again for replacement....this is actually very dissapointing to stay without a cellphone for so many days and go to centre every week......this is my first xperia....sorry to say SONY but very dissapointing product....

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 82 of 121
Message 82 of 121

Re: Xperia ZL sudden death on November 2013

I TRY A;LL OF THAT, HARD RESET AND SOFTWARE REPAIR .THE PROBLEM STILL EXIST. I REALLY NEED HELP. MY SONY ZL IS NOW USELESS.

Visitor
Message 83 of 121
Message 83 of 121

Again Sudden death!!!!!

2 months before i gave my zl in a sony servc center due to sudden death syndrome and they replaced.the handset with a new one,,,but yesterday i found that my new zl is also facing this.serious issue,, dear sony...give some value for.your customers,,kindly replace this zl with some other model, this frequent issue is a big time loss,money loss issue for.me, sony has to take the responsibility otherwise i have to move legally against sony for supplying worthless and faulty products

Thank you
Ashwin
removed by alexdon - no private info on the forum

Visitor
Message 84 of 121
Message 84 of 121

Sir,
Iam ASHWIN MURALI, i own a xperia zl c6502, now a days im facing frequent issues with my phone that sudden death is happening. At present im using a new mobile which sony provided me on Jan 2014. My previous C6502 was also having the same sudden death issue. So Sir, since its happening frequently, its causing a lot money loss and time loss for me, so kindly replace this model mobile phone.
Thankfully
Ashwin
Phone:removed by alexdon 

One time poster
Message 85 of 121
Message 85 of 121

Same problem here...

I bought an Sony Xperia ZL 3 weeks ago from this posted.

I did upgrade to the latest firmware(4.3).

just today I got this annoying problem. always get turned off If i didn't plugged it on the wall charger.

feel disappointed with Sony since this is my first time to get their's Xperia(compared to Apple and Samsung product I had before). I tried all the method mentioned above but nothing works at all.

FYI,as the others say and know,SSC on Indonesia is have a worst service.

kinda waiting and searching for further information about this problem.

Visitor
Message 86 of 121
Message 86 of 121

Good day, everyone! This problem is solved by replacing the battery.

One time poster
Message 87 of 121
Message 87 of 121

Re: [Q] Experiancing "Sleep of Death" and "Sudden Death" with Xperia ZL. PLease

I did the same got my phone replaced from the authorised service centre, but i am faicng the same problem of Sudden Death with the replaced phone also.

Now i dont trust the phones given by the authorised service center also, please advice how to go ahead

MKD
Visitor
Message 88 of 121
Message 88 of 121

Re: [Q] Experiancing "Sleep of Death" and "Sudden Death" with Xperia ZL. PLease

This was exactly  the problem  problem with my phone too. Now the service centre is asking me to pay Rs 15490/- ($260 approx) to repair my phone. This is ridculous. Sony should do something about it. Else I would not recommend anyone to buy SONY XPERIA Z.  Just because the phone is just out of warranty I should not be penalized for a faulty design(battery)

One time poster
Message 89 of 121
Message 89 of 121

my xperia zl is 2 months old and start facing sudden death issue

please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 90 of 121
Message 90 of 121

Connect to wall socket,force restart:

http://userguide.sonymobile.com/referrer.php?region=global-en&product=xperia-zl#!Turning-on-or-off-t...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.