account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia ZL sudden death

Adviser
Message 30 of 121
Message 30 of 121

Re: Xperia ZL sudden death on November 2013

BTW

I entered in Service menu and look at Firmware info -> Battery info and I notice some kinda strange

EDIT:

The value "charge_now" is negative, and is increased negative as you charge [I checked with my friend that also has a working ZL] as can be seen in the screenshot. I think this is the bug and is causing this, because the "Battery firmware" thinks it's drained, even Android looking at "98% charged"...

If you pick this value and divide by "charge_full" it's almost the capacity [which means in the example 27104 / 2384000 = 0,01%]. 

Comparing with my friends' value, it was -803920 / 238400 = ~ 33%, almost what capacity was telling

Another wird thing: When it Dies by itself, the "charge_now" drops to Zero again... So, with this, may mean something....

I hope this can help something. Below are screenshot from MY Xperia (Left), and then, My friends screenshot (Right)

Compare.jpg

One time poster
Message 31 of 121
Message 31 of 121

XPERIA ZL problem: sudden death

After 3 months, I got this problem. My ZL is off when I'm playing one game. I read from many threads that this problem has happened in March 2013, and some fixs have been released by Sony. FYI, my software build number is 10.3.1.A.2.67. But, why this problem can happen again?

If I plug the charger to the phone, I can use this phone. But when I plug off, the phone will be death again. 

If any can help me. Thx

Adviser
Message 32 of 121
Message 32 of 121

Re: XPERIA ZL problem: sudden death

Thanks, and let's notice Sony about this odd problem too!

I'm really disappointed with ZL for this...

One time poster
Message 33 of 121
Message 33 of 121

Re: Xperia ZL sudden death (again)

my xperia zl cannot working ,but it can turn on if the cable in charge,i try to find the solution i write post to sony mobile indonesia,and they said " you must root and try to calibrate your battery and update with SUS sony update service",so i do what they said,but its not working even getting worst my xperia zl was totally dead..please for sony find my solution i need that Slightly frowning Face

Visitor
Message 34 of 121
Message 34 of 121

My new Sony Xperia ZL malfunctioning in first 2 weeks, pathetic services by Sony Service Center.

My name is Parth Shah, and I bought a new Sony Xperia ZL smart phone on 18th Oct 2013 from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. In just 3 weeks I started facing issues in the hand-set like:

1. The Mobile phone keeps on restarting every time when I try to start an application or play a game. Especially when the battery charge is about 50% - 60%.

1. The battery starts heating up very quickly even when restarting the hand-set. Just by rebooting the hand-set it starts heating up alot, one can imagine how much it heats up which running an application.

1. The hand-set also has SIM issues keeping in mind I have proper Micro-SIM card that I bought it from Vodafone. Almost every time it showed me No signal of my mobile carrier(Vodafone) even in open areas where the same mobile carrier captured full network range in other Xperia ZL device.

2. When fortunately the hand-set captured any signal and if some body calls then there were call drops.

3. At times, when some one called the hand-set will ring once and then it will show the callers name in missed call list, mean-while the callers call is not disconnected, he is still hearing the ringing tone at his end stating that I am not picking up the call.
    I have lost tones of calls and opportunities because of this issues.

4. Most of the times, when starting the hand-set it will show Sony logo and their special effects with colourfull waves appears on the screen and then it shuts down abruptly even if the battery is 95% charged. It also use to heat up alot while I restarted the hand-set.

5. At times while talking on the hand-set, I could hear my voice along with the person's voice who is at the other end with or without using head-phones.

6. There were lot of hang-ups too in the hand-set, whenever I tried to turn ON the phone from standby by pressing the power button, the screen display did not appear as if the hand-set is dead.

Most of all, the reason why I am upset is because of the Sony Service Center services.

I visited Accel Frontline Ltd. Sony Service Center situated at Tardeo, A/C market, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India on 26th Nov 2013 and the person available there check for any software related issues by trying to update the software. But still it was of no help, issues were still there. He asked me to come next day to submit the hand-set because the concerned person who collects the device was absent for that day. He assured me that the hand-set will be replaced and a new sealed packed handset will be given to you in 4-5 days of time.

I visited back again on 27th Nov 2013 at the Sony Service Center the concerned person(lady) was present she filled up Service Job Sheet along with the list of above mentioned issues attached and took my hand-set and told me that your hand-set will be replaced and you will get a NEW PHONE in 4-5 days of time.

I called up at Accel Frontline Ltd.(02230007577) on 5th day (3rd Dec 2013) no one picked up. I still tried calling them the whole day but still no luck.

I called up Accel Frontline Ltd. again on 6th day(4th Dec 2013) after a long hard trying they picked up the call in the evening and told me that I will get the updated regarding the hand-set from the Call Center Team(1800-3000-2800). I called them up they said the part is still pending and that's the only thing they can update me with for other details like "Where is my device?", "Who is repairing it?","When will I get it back?", will be provided to me by the Sony Service Center people. The Sony Service Center never picks up their number even if you die trying the whole day.

Every day I have been calling the Call Center guys and every day I got the same update "Parts Pending". On 6th Dec 2013(9 days later) I went to the Sony Service Center Accel Frontline Ltd. I asked that person(Amay) to give me updates on the hand-set, he very casually went inside came out after 15 mins and said part is till pending to arrive. I asked him I was told that I will get a new phone in 4-5 days what happened. He said "you will not get a new phone, you will get the old phone which will be repaired". I called up the call center team from there and asked for the further status again at that point they said further status will be provided from Service Center, I gave the phone to Service Center Employee(Amay) to clarify who is suppose to provide me the updates on my hand-set but they both concluded with the same answer "The part is still pending give us 2 more days it will be done".

Today is 10th Dec 2013 and 13 days are gone even today I do not have any updates on my device. I tried calling the Service Center people the whole day in the evening he picked up and he still had no answer about my device or when it is going to be handed back to me. I told him I can put a complaint against your service center he said "There will be no use, lot many compaints have been made in the past but nobody will do anything to us" and he kept the phone leaving me in the same state.

Is this the way Sony treats its customers. Is this the type of Services to be expected from one of the leading brands in technology. After buying an expensive phone the hardware is so pathetic that it didn't stand for 3 weeks and the Sony Services are worst than that.

Being a Sony Customer, I demand a detailed explanation why Sony customers are treated like this and where exactly is my hand-set that I had submitted that even after 13 days down Sony Service Center or Sony Call Center Team is clueless to tell me where my phone. I am facing lot of trouble and inconvinience to know when I am going be handed my own phone.

Customer Name:- Parth M.Shah

Mob No.:- +919833306658

Customer E-mail address:- shah.parth1988@gmail.com

Job No.:- W113112700586

Sony Service Center:- Accel Frontline Ltd., Tardeo, A/C market, Mumbai-400 034, India.

Tel no. :- 02230007577

I am hoping to hear from Sony in a days time.

Your Unfortunate Customer,

Parth Shah

Adviser
Message 35 of 121
Message 35 of 121

loubernard and taufikandrian

A lot of people are experiencing sudden deaths and battery issues (including me). Some say that is a battery itself, some say its a bug in the kernel and the Battery Monitoring System (BMS). 

Please, continue your experience problems in the following post, to keep alive and the discussion proceed.

Thanks, and good luck to us all.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Xperia-ZL-sudden-death-on-November-2013

Visitor
Message 36 of 121
Message 36 of 121

My name is Parth Shah, and I bought a new Sony Xperia ZL smart phone on 18th Oct 2013 from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. In just 3 weeks I started facing issues in the hand-set like:

1. The Mobile phone keeps on restarting every time when I try to start an application or play a game. Especially when the battery charge is about 50% - 60%.

1. The battery starts heating up very quickly even when restarting the hand-set. Just by rebooting the hand-set it starts heating up alot, one can imagine how much it heats up which running an application.

1. The hand-set also has SIM issues keeping in mind I have proper Micro-SIM card that I bought it from Vodafone. Almost every time it showed me No signal of my mobile carrier(Vodafone) even in open areas where the same mobile carrier captured full network range in other Xperia ZL device.

2. When fortunately the hand-set captured any signal and if some body calls then there were call drops.

3. At times, when some one called the hand-set will ring once and then it will show the callers name in missed call list, mean-while the callers call is not disconnected, he is still hearing the ringing tone at his end stating that I am not picking up the call.
    I have lost tones of calls and opportunities because of this issues.

4. Most of the times, when starting the hand-set it will show Sony logo and their special effects with colourfull waves appears on the screen and then it shuts down abruptly even if the battery is 95% charged. It also use to heat up alot while I restarted the hand-set.

5. At times while talking on the hand-set, I could hear my voice along with the person's voice who is at the other end with or without using head-phones.

6. There were lot of hang-ups too in the hand-set, whenever I tried to turn ON the phone from standby by pressing the power button, the screen display did not appear as if the hand-set is dead.

Most of all, the reason why I am upset is because of the Sony Service Center services.

Check the below link:-

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Pathetic-services-by-Sony-Service-Center-and-quality-of...

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 37 of 121
Message 37 of 121

Issues in Sony Xpera ZL...

Hello My fellow friends,

If you have bought a Sony Xperia ZL and you are also facing issues regarding software or hardware problems in your hand-set then do write to this thread.

Visitor
Message 38 of 121
Message 38 of 121

Re: My new Sony Xperia ZL malfunctioning in first 2 weeks, pathetic services by Sony Service Center.

I am also facing such a pathetic service from Sony service centre in Pune.......Dust was stuck in the camera lens so had to give Cell for replacement, I gave it on 25th Nov'13 & still waiting to get the replacement........The service centre & Call centre are pathetic nobody responds properly, nor anyone is assuring wen I ll get my handset......dont know wat to do...

I even registerered complain with consumer forum......

Adviser
Message 39 of 121
Message 39 of 121

Re: XPERIA ZL problem: sudden death

Just up

Would someone tell us if this issue is a software or battery problem?

I left my ZL at support center today, and wait until a diagnose. 

But, tell me, if this is a Battery problem (maybe), why the service tests and diagnostics says that the battery is 'Good'?

Thanks Slightly smiling Face