account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia ZL sudden death

Rookie
Message 20 of 121
Message 20 of 121

Re: Xperia ZL sudden death on November 2013

Nop, just a little flash "Connecting", and then "Saved, protected with WPA2"

With DHCP doesn't work and with static ip (in my router) neither.

I have a backup which i did before the "restore", but I don't think restore it will improve my current situation

Regular
Message 21 of 121
Message 21 of 121

@sam: I found another symtom that might help Sony to check a problem, sometimes my Xperia ZL can't read my SIM card, is never happen before, until phone sudden death.. I checked my SIM card with another androids and it works well, so I think there's nothing wrong wrong with my SIM card.. Thank you 

Rookie
Message 22 of 121
Message 22 of 121

Another symtom: my network connection goes on and off every couple hours.

Master
Message 23 of 121
Message 23 of 121

I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

In PC Companion, press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phones software > Press the blue link that says "Repair phone". Do this without your phone connected and then follow the instruction given to you in the program. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Rookie
Message 24 of 121
Message 24 of 121

Another symptom: taking an snapshot (Power + Volume Down Button together) turned off my cell.

Another symptom: navigate to any url by Chrome turned off my cell.

Rookie
Message 25 of 121
Message 25 of 121

I have the same issue with my xperia zl which i bought  on 28 sept this year and i have never had any single issue till last couple of weeks when some sudden screen off happens.

actually before these sudden screen off my phone starts to automatically connect and disconnect my sim card (my sim card is absolutely ok as i have tried it with my other ordinary phones also) frequently and with time the frequency of this sim card connect-disconnect and sudden leaving of networks increased. this fault later lead to sudden screen off to few times a day and then again and again ... i mean 10 to 15 times a day. when i try to restart the phone , the screen shows SONY logo and then turns off........the XPERIA icon which used to appear next after  SONY icon on startup was not coming.  when the screen goes  off the only option left to switch on the screen is to connct the charger and then restart the phone.

hard reset or regular restart are useless without charger once the screen turns off.

now i have submited my phone at the service centre on 26 nov which also tried a software reset even this doesn't helped me, then the service men said that the mobile phone will be send to the company and will be replaced by the company and then he send my phone. now its already 6 of dec and i haven't get my phone back. its really frustating that even after spending

Rs 30,000. for apremium set of SONY and still facing so much of inconvinience......missing my phone badly.

Rookie
Message 26 of 121
Message 26 of 121

Yesterday the problem went to the next level. My phone began to restart by itself every minute, so sent it to my company and now I'm using my previous phone Xperia Pro with the same SIM.

I'm expecting that support will not resolve my problem and will change my phone by a new one.

I've been always a Sony fan, and sadly this was a huge problem to deal with, and now I'm not confident to change (if the company offers) by a Sony Z1 or a simmilar phone.

I'll will not be able to post any news until tuesday 10th.

rgds.

Regular
Message 27 of 121
Message 27 of 121

Many people have same problem at same time, now I'm sure there's problem with software, not hardware..

As I know this problem ever happened in April-March 2013 and Sony have succeeded to fix it with new updates, so I think the only way I can do is wait for new system updates, and give a chance for Sony to check what's wrong with system.. 

but please find out and fix this as fast as it can Slightly smiling Face

Thanks

One time poster
Message 28 of 121
Message 28 of 121

I have this problem for last week. Screen is off when battery is 89-90 % and sometimes earlier. Other problems are the same. 

У меня такая же проблема последнюю неделю. Экран отключается, когда батарея 89-90% и иногда раньше. Включить возможно только с подзарядкой. Пропадает сим карта, сама появляется. Перестают ловится спутники.

Сброс к заводским настройкам не помог.

Adviser
Message 29 of 121
Message 29 of 121

Mine also started to have this problem too! And ity's not battery itself problem. 

All the same: Connected to a charger, OK; Without the charger, in a couple of times, just turn off.

Must be a battery check or android corruption, dunno...

What the heck is going on?! A premium Cellphone with a problem?

If you need to repair and wipe out your phone all the time... we'll be in trouble! For this, we won't need a smartphone....