account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia ZL sudden death

One time poster
Message 71 of 121
Message 71 of 121

Xperia ZL sudden death

Today the battrie of my cellphone was full and suddenly my cellphone was'nt able to open. So know my cellphone death.And i don't know what do for fix my xperia ZL.If someone had that problem before me, please give the solution how to fix my cellphone .

Thanks for readers Slightly smiling Face

120 REPLIES 120
Visitor
Message 1 of 121
Message 1 of 121

[Q] Experiancing "Sleep of Death" and "Sudden Death" with Xperia ZL. PLease help.

I bought my Xperia ZL about 4 or 5 months ago in Kuwait

(c6506) running Android 4.2.2 Kernel Version 3.4.4-g3865184 ; build number 10.3.1.A.0.244)

Everything was working wonderfully and I love the phone. I loved the phone so much I went out and bought an Xperia Z for my wife.

However, about 2 weeks ago my phone went into the "Sleep of Death" nothing worked. It would not charge, would not turn on, would not do anything but sit there dead. I am currently on vacation and do not have my warrenty papers with me to go into the shop.

Having given up all hope I decided to pop the back cover off and manually restart the battery. I pulled the plug connecting the battery to the logic board for 10 seconds and the phone started right up with 92% charge.

After that I was very happy, but then I started getting random shut downs known around the web as "Sudden Death" random times, using random programs my phone just shuts off and can only be restarted if it is connected to the computer and a factory hard reset is done.

I have the latest version of Android on here Sony was supposed to have a fix. I have tried everything to get my phone to work correctly. I rooted it and tried 3 different firmwares, and 3 different roms... Same problem. I then returned it back to stock and the same problem. I switched MicroSD cards same problem it just shuts off at random times. It used to be only once or twice a week now it's 5 or 6 times a day its just getting worse.

Someone please help!

I am assuming that because so many people have this problem it is not a hardware issue but a software issue.

Thank you for your time.

One time poster
Message 2 of 121
Message 2 of 121

Xperia ZL sudden death (again)

i bought this ZL last week, and i have serious problems.

two days after i bought it, sudden death happened. i thought it just a normal crash, but it happened again and again.

i have to connect it to my charger to turn it on. hard reset or normal way are useless.

i goggle and some says that sony already fix this problem with the newest software update, so last night i updated my ZL using PCC.

but today, the sudden death still happened, and even worse, i can not open my albums and my sd card can not be read by ZL.

when i connect it to the charger, everything goes smoothly, sudden death never happen. so i think (and i hope) this is just some software problems.

what should i do now?

this is my first xperia phone and i really hope sony does not dissapoint me :|

thanks.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 121
Message 3 of 121

Re: [Q] Experiancing "Sleep of Death" and "Sudden Death" with Xperia ZL. PLease help.

Unfortunately given what you have tried up to this point I can only advise returning the handset so that it may be assessed by an authorised repair agent sorry.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 4 of 121
Message 4 of 121

Re: [Q] Experiancing "Sleep of Death" and "Sudden Death" with Xperia ZL. PLease help.

I am currently having this same issue but after two day i tried to charge it again and it started charging and it was able to power on but if i unplug it from the power source it will shutdown again, even when the battery is 100%.

i really don't know what to do about this and i have been looking for sony servce center here in Mauritius. i have tried software repair/update yet no difference.

please is there any one who have solution to share?

Rookie
Message 5 of 121
Message 5 of 121

Xperia ZL sudden death

I have a xperia zl few months ago and I have never had problems, but two sudden death happened days ago. i thought it just a normal crash, but it happened again and again.
i have to connect it to my charger to turn it on. hard reset or regular way are useless.
i goggle and some says That Already sony fix this Problem with the newest software update, so last night i updated my ZL using PCC. and that did not work download the latest version of firmware for my computer and install it with flashtool and still nothing, today, the sudden death still happened, and even worse, i can not open my albums and my sd card can not be read by ZL.
when i connect it to the charger, everything goes smoothly, sudden death never happen. so i think (and i hope) this is just some software problems.
what should i do now?

Emperor
Message 6 of 121
Message 6 of 121

Re: Xperia ZL sudden death

Take it to a Sony repair center 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 7 of 121
Message 7 of 121

another solution?

Emperor
Message 8 of 121
Message 8 of 121

if neither SUS nor PCC work, there's nothing else to suggest 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 9 of 121
Message 9 of 121

Xperia ZL sudden death on November 2013

I have used xperia ZL for 5 month without any problem, until the end of november 2013 it keeps turn off suddenly.

I found similar issue when I browsing on internet that called "sudden death" that phone can't be turn on again unless you plug a charger and that's happen to me too. I found this ever happen in April - March 2013 and Sony already launched updates to fix it, so my question is, How can it happen again now? can next update from Sony fix this problem?.. Thanks

(I have updated phone and checked up with Sony PCC, I tried "hard reset" too, but it can't fix this problem )