account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia ZL mobile data constantly needs reset of Internet Settings

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia ZL mobile data constantly needs reset of Internet Settings

I have owned an unlocked Xperia ZL C6506 for almost two years now and up until recently have had no issues. The problem I encounted for the past half a year is in the mobile data .

Usually when you go from no data to wi-fi or cellular usage, there is no need to refresh or reset the Internet Settings under the Settings --> Wireless & Networks --> More... --> option. Doing this just basically help configure the phone when you have changed service providers or traveling to another country, etc. Right now I find myself doing it EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a need to jump on my mobile data network.

So I go through the motions to Accept the quick setup, select my provider, and minutes in I get a confirmation that the settings are downloaded to my phone, and mobile is up again. The problem is when the data switches off (either due to sleep mode, switching to wi-f-/airplane modes, or any other hangup that causes interruption in the data working constantly. Once that happens, I have to repeat the whole process over again and this gets repetitive and tiresome very very quickly. The weird part it that during the whole time, the top still shows I have a connection to mobile, whether it's H+, LTE or whatever... just the actual network itself becomes unresponsive and such.

In addition my phone restarts at weird moments of idle activity, and when it starts back up, I have to do the same stuff on top, but as an extra 'bonus' the phone's memory does not seem to recognize that I have been using it for the longest time, and prompts me to select a default app or program for certain functions such as checking PDF (asks what program to use), opening up a youtube link (asks me if I want to go to an external app or use the YouTube app, or through a browser), and anything else you can come up with.

I have tried to research online but to no avail as no one else seems to have the same issues I do... there was a very closely related forum article somewhere that mentions that there is possibly a problem with the internal radio antenna which interfere's with the phone's ability to hold/remember certain commands. I seriously seek help from the community on this as to where I can get a fix or at least isolate the source of the problem. Do I have to bring to a store, ship for diagnosis, or just go the new phone route and eliminate the hassles?

Thanks alot! All pertinent comments greatly appreciated....

~ K

2 REPLIES 2
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia ZL mobile data constantly needs reset of Internet Settings

Try repairing the phone with Sony PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/
Emperor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia ZL mobile data constantly needs reset of Internet Settings

The connection issue could be a

1 old micro sim card or faulty
2 poor network coverage
3 incorrect apn settings
4 an intrusive app

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)