account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia ZL battery problem

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia ZL battery problem

My Xperia ZL have an strange battery behaviour. It started with a crazy battery indicator, for example, sometimes it is showing 75% of battery, then I start to use some app, and the battery drains to 50%, but right after I close de app, the battery shows 63%. So I've never been able to know how my battery is going for sure. Sometimes it is showing 35%, then I just use some app for a few minutes, the battery goes to 15% and suddenly the phone turns off. But when I reboot it, it is showing 30% again.

To charge the phone's battery, I must have luck, because it looks like the phone choose when it would like to charge the battery. The problem turns worst when the battery drains totally. The battery simply doesn't charge, the phone turns on and off constantly. When I plug the battery charger, the LED indicator glows a weak red light, then the "SONY XPERIA" appears, and then the phone turns off, the cycle repeats if I let the battery charger plugged in, back to the weak red light.

Does anyone here had the same problem with Xperia ZL? Does a simple battery change might resolve this issue?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Master
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xperia ZL battery problem

Check this thread: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375#U320...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Ok thanks, but if you noticed the second paragraph of my post, I just CAN'T turn on my phone because it's turning on and off repeatedly when I plug in the battery charger. So, the "restarting and resetting" solution is useless to me, because my phone simply won't turn on! Please pay attention to the part I said "The battery simply doesn't charge, the phone turns on and off constantly. When I plug the battery charger, the LED indicator glows a weak red light, then the "SONY XPERIA" appears, and then the phone turns off, the cycle repeats if I let the battery charger plugged in, back to the weak red light."

I will appreciate if someone help me with this case.

Thanks.

Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

same issue happening to me bro