account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia ZL 6502 Microphone Issue

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia ZL 6502 Microphone Issue

Dear technical support team,

I bought Xperia ZL 6502 model in April and for last three months it was working okay.  Now for last 10 days my microphone is not worrking properly.  Initially I thought it could be a network problem. I switched my SIM card into another smart phone and I found that the other party is able to hear my voice very clearly.  This indicates the mobile network is okay and the microphone of Xperia ZL is faulty.  The local SONY mobile service center even though confirmed the problem with microphone but is unable to rectify the same.  Therefore I request the technical team to help me whether I can get replacement against my faulty phone. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia ZL 6502 Microphone Issue

If  your product  is under warranty, Then u can claim for a replacement. make sure  to contact the authorised sony center for the purpose.

I would suggest contacting XPERIA  support first for locating the nearest sony center which can replace ur  phone. Also, u can find contact numbers for ur country on this site> support.

Do not forget to mark the correct and helpful answers.

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia ZL 6502 Microphone Issue

Update - Problem solved. - Thanks to SONY Development Team.

Yesterday while checking with PC  Companion I found a new update being available and I updated my Xperia ZL to new Build No: 10.3.1.A.0.244.  I had a pleasent surprise that the problem with my microphone has disappeared and the microphone seems to be working okay now.   Now with this new update even though Android version is same but the build number has changed from 10.3.A.0.423 to 10.3.1.A.0.244.  Mysteriously enough hardly a month ago I had updated my mobile to Android v4.2.2 and it seems a microphone bug had developed.  Thanks once again to SONY technical team who identified the bug and rectified it.  I LOVE MY XEPERIA Slightly smiling Face !