account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z5c battery life diminished since 6.0.1 update

Learner
Message 21 of 33
Message 21 of 33

XPERIA Z5 battery drain

Hello people. My phone have an issue with battery, it drains itself in 4-6 hours even in sleep mode. Nothing helped so far. Tried to do lots of thing like reset. Even sent this phone to sony but they didn't fix battery issue. Don't know what burns battery so fast. Probmlem still exist in a safe mode.  I'm charging phone 3 times per day. Stamina does not helping. Any ideas what it can be?3fculjhiJ7M.jpgzZBZ40jv2oE.jpg

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 22 of 33
Message 22 of 33

Re: Xperia Z5c battery life diminished since 6.0.1 update

It has to be something with the stock apps either Sony or Google bundle with 6.0.1

I've removed most of the preinstalled apps, along with google hangouts, photos and don't sync anything google related or backup anything through stock apps.

The last hour was streaming spotify while I was out walking hunting for food in the Gold Coast.

Screenshot_20161128-065848.png

EDIT: Has anyone tried turning off charging optimisation?

Spoiler
IMO Its Google sabotaging everyone elses phones so that they can say the Pixel has awesome battery life... Huehuehue
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 23 of 33
Message 23 of 33

Massive battery drain; 100% to 10% in 6.5 hours with STAMINA

Hi

I'm a bit desperate with my Z5 compact's battery drain. A few weeks ago I installed a system update and received a note, if I want to improve the battery usage by smarter battery charging. I thought it would be a great idea...

Not instantly after this but latest a few days later I recognized a shorter battery usage time. STAMINA is always on and fully charged I was able to use it 2.5 to 3 days without charging and when I cherged it, it was at about 8-13%.

The battery drain increased over the recent weeks and as per today, a fully charged battery (over night) lasts about 7 hours, 90% standby! Disconnected from charger 6.15 a.m. now, 6 hours later it's at 13%!

I believe, it even gets worse when STAMINA is activated. The device is relatively warm, which I think indicates strong usage rather than a weak or old battery.

System data

Android 6.0.1

Version 32.2.A.0.305

Latest Xperia System update installed 26 Oct 2016.

Please see below the screenshots of the battery usage - interest to see, that AccuWeather is top in the list even I started it just 1 hour before. Before that, it was GMAIL and I forced to stop GMAIL - obviusly not with a big success.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Michael

Drain graph

2 Screenshot_20161128-124605.png3 Screenshot_20161128-124614.png4 Screenshot_20161128-124619.png

5 Screenshot_20161128-124625.png

One time poster
Message 24 of 33
Message 24 of 33

Re: Massive battery drain; 100% to 10% in 6.5 hours with STAMINA

Its the same here.

I even sent my Z5 compact to the support but received it today without any improvement.

Short note from support "We cannot find any failure."....

Sony support is awfil! I opend the chat an they told me to send the device again...

After seven Sony phones, this will be my last one.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 25 of 33
Message 25 of 33

@Michael1976 wrote:

Tell AccuWeather to update only if the screen in on

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 26 of 33
Message 26 of 33

I have no idea what's going on. My phone is less than a year old. Recently battery usage has gone off a cliff. 

I charge it to 100% overnight and with very very little use it is down to less than 15% by midday. I have looked at the apps that use power since last charge and there is not much other than the screen which is 67%  

I guess I can turn down the brightness but two things bother me. First my phone used to be fine. It lasted 24 hours no problem so what's changed? Second, my phone sits on my desk and the screen shuts off after a few minutes so quite why it's using so much power I have no idea. But having a phone that lasts 4 hours is pretty much useless. 

Learner
Message 27 of 33
Message 27 of 33

I also sent my Z5 about week ago and they didnt change anything. Don't know what to do now

P.S. 

does anyone tried to go back to android 5?

Visitor
Message 28 of 33
Message 28 of 33

Hi,
I found a solution for my massive battery drain.
1) turned off battery charge optimization (settings -> about phone)
2) switched off STAMINA
3) Wlan is scanning for networks only if charging.

My battery lasts for about 30-35 hours, which is less than I had before the update but far more to the 6-7 hours I had in the recent weeks.
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 29 of 33
Message 29 of 33

@NeoBeum wrote:

EDIT: Has anyone tried turning off charging optimisation?

Learner
Message 30 of 33
Message 30 of 33

doesn't help for my phone