account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z5 reboots intermittently when making or receiving calls

Rookie
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Xperia Z5 reboots intermittently when making or receiving calls

I've had my Z5 for 2 weeks. My Z3 also suffered from the same problem, I was about to send it off for repair but smashed the screen so decided to upgrade early, now the Z5 is doing the same thing. I don't have a micro sd card in it and I have just replaced the sim with a new one but it still happens. But only intermittently when either making or receiving calls.

Any idea's?

I'm in the UK on the O2 network.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Xperia Z5 reboots intermittently when making or receiving calls

Hi @Robtapp

Please, boot your device into safe mode as explained here. If this issue is not present in this mode, that indicates a third party app is causing the problem. In this case exit Safe Mode and then un-install any third party apps you don't need and clear the cache/data for the apps you want to keep. I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Emperor
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

@Robtapp

Are you using a NANO SIM card or did you trimmed a micro SIM card?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

A nano sim

Emperor
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

@Robtapp

You could reinstall the latest update with PCC and see if that solves the issue

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

I will do that, thanks. Trouble is it may take some time as it's not every phone call it happens on.

Rookie
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

I have also factory reset it twice in the last two weeks.

Emperor
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

@Robtapp

keep us updated. 

Rookie
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

It seems to be ok in safe mode so far although I haven't had many phone calls. If it is an app how do I find out which one? If I try one at a time it could take months and I've only got 2 weeks left to change the phone if I want to.

Genius
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Hi @Robtapp

It´s evrything works ok in safe mode, is difficult to say what app is causing the problem. In this case, I´d only install a few extra apps that are needed and uninstall for example others like games. I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas