account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z5 - Front camera in low light

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia Z5 - Front camera in low light

It's not good. Under low light it just can't perform well. 

I was earlier using Oneplus one which I believe has the best front facing camera or atleast the software for front cam is really good. In low lights it use to shine like anything, my friends note3 use to fail in front of it.

Now, the other day I was out with a friend and she has oneplus two and in the similar light the difference in brightness of images taken by both our phones were massive.

Xperia Z5 takes picture and applies some algo to make it clear, but the images are usually dark. Oneplus two in general was taking brighter pics, much bright! Same as my earlier Oneplus one.

I saw the details of both images from Z5 and OP2:

1. aperature same on both 2.4

2. ISO Z5 3200,  OP2 1880

3. Shutter speed Z5 1/16th, OP2 - 1/10

Pls do something about the front cam. I just wanted to get this point out there.

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia Z5 - Front camera in low light

@cyborg009

This is a user based forum, but, don't forget to contact Sony directly as well Local support

it will help if you could get sample pictures with both devices.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia Z5 - Front camera in low light

Front camera in low light it's no good at all