account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3c wont update after repair

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia Z3c wont update after repair

Hi Dont know if this is the right forum for this. 

I have a Z3 compact. My original phone started to have some problems, so sent it in for repairs. Was sent a new phone from the repair center, all good. However the new phone was running Kitkat, the phone I sent in was running Lolipop.

I've had the new phone for a few weeks now and it's not updating. 

Tried factory reset, tried the Sony Mac companion, etc. It's unlocked, bought new that way, and not tied to any network. 

Contated sony support, they told me just to wait.

Anyone know if this is normal? Do I just have to wait for Sony to tell my phone to update? or is this a problem with the phone?

Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia Z3 wont update after repair

@gordox

That's strange but you have 2 options, you either wait for the update or manually update the phone with Flashtool 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Genius
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi @gordox

The update will first need to be authorised by your network or country before Sony is authorised to release it to your device. Also operator locked phones takes much longer that other phones to receive their updates because they have to be extensively verified by the carrier before release. But you can check this link to install Lollipop using XperiFirm and Flashtool on Xperia devices:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/03/17/guide-to-installing-xperia-lollipop-using-xperifirm-and-flashto...

(XperiFirm is now included in the last version of Flashtool)

Keep in mind that depending of your country, could void your device warranty.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

thanks for replying uliwolly, 

Will using flashtool void the waranty? and is there a flashtool for mac? 

Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thanks xavinux, 

The phone is not locked to any network, it was purchased from sony. 

The original phone updated everytime sony released an update in the UK.

Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@gordox

if I was you I would either take it back to Sony or wait, there's no rush on updating the phone. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I have exact the same problem