account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3 compact quality problems

Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia Z3 compact quality problems

Hello,
I bought my Xperia Z3 Compact about 14 months ago in Iran.
Since then, i have been faced with bunch of quality problems.
The first day i noticed that there is an unusual free space between LCD and side of phone. So i went back to the store and changed my phone with a new one (this process took 1 month to be done).
About two months ago i saw 3 small purple stains in my LCD screen and they are still in my LCD screen.
And the most important problem and the newest one is that the top of LCD screen is now protrudes about 2-3mm from my phone.

There are other problems for example the flaps are not closing properly.
When i bought my phone i was in love with sony and sonymobile.

But now with these problems i'm going to tell all the websites about these problems of sonymobile phones if sonymobile doesn't answer me appropriately.

Sincerely,
Amir

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia Z3 compact quality problems

@AbiriAmir

I'm sorry to hear that, contact your Local support to get it inspected. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your answer.

But sony does not have official support in Iran.

Before my sony mobile phone, i had samsung galaxy ace -which was one of the cheapest phones- for 4 years without any problems.

I really didn't expect these build quality from sonymobile.

Emperor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@AbiriAmir

I don't know what might be the situation here, there isn't much anyone can help you with here since it's a hardware issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thanks again.

I'm sorry to say that but i'm dissapointed from xperia phones and must suggest everyone not to buy sony mobile phone...

Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@AbiriAmir

I understand your frustration, but I haven't encountered that with any of my Xperias. 

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I think it is case to case. I wouldn't say nothing bad about Z1/Z1C series (except poor battery lifespan), on the other hand when I took my 1 year old Z3C to service (screen pop up 1 - 2mm above the phone) I heard "yet another z3c with this problem this week". So there is something in it. My phone was eventually exchanged to brand new one (it also took around a month). Now, 6 months later flaps are also not too firm despite I'm not using them (I use magnetic dock).

So I would say while Z3C is a great phone with well done software (except some boot loop bugs) it seems to be a bit more fragile than average phone.

On the other hand, current price is very attractive and phone delivers very high performance so it is up to the buyer whether he/she can accept a bit higher risk.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)