account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3 antenna module always hot

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia Z3 antenna module always hot

Hi,

Got my xperia z3 for a month now. Noticed the antenna module at the bottom back of the phone is always hot. Previously did not have this problem. When i switch to flight mode the heat goes away slowly.

Does anyone face the same issue?
4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia Z3 antenna module always hot

Do you have 3G or 4G/LTE enabled and is your network signal strength low as these are all factors

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Rookie
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi Thommo, I had 3g/lte enabled. Didn't really take note of signal strength but heat is observed throughout the day at different geographical places few tens of kilometers apart. But i will keep a consious note of that.
Apart from that, before this phenomenon ocurred i had notably few events that occured:
- Dropped my phone
- Restored my media (photos/videos/music)
- Inserted my 64gb sd card loaded with videos

Not sure if any of the above might be of relevance but just sharing it in case it might be.

Thanks in advance.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I honestly don't know about the effects of it been dropped but if you want peace of mind then you would need to have it inspected however keep an eye on the signal strength when it gets warm/hot

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi Thommo,

After a day's observation, i see that LTE's signal is from moderate (2 bars) to good (4 bars) when i feel the heat at the antenna module area.

Notably when i start surfing facebook or whatsapp, which should send the RF power amp working. Not sure why is the heat so high recently.

Any ideas?