account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z3 Plus, Inconsistent Media Volume or Auto Optimization

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Xperia Z3 Plus, Inconsistent Media Volume or Auto Optimization

Hello

Bought this extremely awesome phone which is good in every aspects except the Speaker. While playing Music with Sony's own app or watching any video, the sound (tone) changes.To restore the perfect tone I need to stop the music, remove from recent apps, open it again and its restored for maybe 10 secs(very inconsistent timing) and back to same distorted tone. I've tried clearing data, repairing, taking it service center and still no fix.Service center executives refuse to believe that such problems exists. My only Question is If this is a Hardware issue or a software bug. And no water contact has been made till date. I'm not sure but I think the problem was also on Lollipop. Love this phone though! 

Thankyou

23 REPLIES 23
Emperor
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Xperia Z3 Plus, Inconsistent Media Volume or Auto Optimization

@Sylus

What do you mean that the tone changes?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

Sound looses lot's of bass and the vocals are all muddled up. It's almost like connecting an old pair of headphones half way through so you only get one channel of the headphones working and no thump or bass. But both speakers work in stereo. Another closest example would be toggling On/Off S-Force Front Surround while music is playing. It slightly resembles my issue.
Emperor
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

@Sylus

Could you test it on safe mode ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

Yea, that's been done.
Emperor
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

@Sylus

Do you experience the same while on safe mode?

Adviser
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

Still the same in Safe Mode.
Emperor
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

@Sylus

That's quite odd, any suggestions @alexdon

Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

@Sylus Have you tried clearing data for music app under settings - apps - all? Also, you say you can replicate the issue?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

I've rest/repaired my phone 4 times now and cleared the data also. My issue sound like turning off/on S Force Surround. That tone change is irritating.