account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z3 Compact won't stay on vibrate

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia Z3 Compact won't stay on vibrate

My Xperia Z3 Compact will no longer stay on vibrate and will turn the ringtone up 2 notches by itself.  It appears to do this after missed calls or after reading text messages.  I was in a meeting today and received a text message with vibrate on, I viewed the message and then a couple of minutes later I received an incoming call and the phone rang even though I hadn't adjusted the volume settings and my phone had been on the table so I hadn't accidentally pressed any buttons.

It is doing this constantly throughout the day and is starting to drive me crazy as I can't trust my phone to not ring when I need to be on silent/vibrate.

Anyone else having these issues?

Would really appreciate a fix for this.

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia Z3 Compact won't stay on vibrate

Could you test it in >>> safe mode for few hours 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Ok, so I've tested the phone in safe mode and it doesn't present the problem so I'm guessing a third party app is to blame. It's there any way to narrow down which app might be the cause without uninstalling them all one at a time?
One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I have the same problem.
It appears after missed calls or after volume regulation during calls.
Any suggestion to fix it?
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi @dvc1, sorry to hear that. Slightly frowning Face

I'm glad that half the battle is won, if it works in safe mode then just as you mentioned the cause is very likely a third party app. The tough part now is locating which app it is, and narrowing these down can be a bit tedious I'm afraid. 

First things first, do you happen to remember when this started occurring? If you can recall this starting to happen after you downloaded or updated a specific app, then it would be a good idea to start from there. If you can't isolate the behaviour to a specific time period or event such as downloading a specific app, then I'm afraid it's the process of elimination which I can refer you to. Slightly frowning Face

Hi @Luca23, could you also try to see if it behaves as normal for you in safe mode?

Let me know how it went guys! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi @emir

I can remember exactly when this stated happening - it was straight after I applied the latest update that Sony released, my phone was absolutely fine before that.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Now I understand, thank you. In that case it could be that a third party app which you have installed is not fully compatible with the new update. Have you tried to use the process of elimination to see which app was causing the behaviour?

If not, that would be the next step here since it's the behaviour is not present while in safe mode. Keep me updated! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.