account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3 Compact Random Vibration Intensity

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Xperia Z3 Compact Random Vibration Intensity

Hi,

I received my phone in August 2015 and for the past few months the vibration intensity has been very random.  Mostly, it's quite a high intensity (much higher than my old Z3C which I replaced), to the extent that I've turned it off because it is so loud and extremely irritating; however, it randomly goes down to a normal level.

I've tried force rebooting it etc., but was wondering if this is a hardware or software problem?

I'm not keen on sending it off to Sony as I don't want to end up paying for my phone to be returned if this isn't covered under the warranty.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Michael