account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z2 touch screen going rampage

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Xperia Z2 touch screen going rampage

When I was using the phone, the touch screen would suddenly go rampage as if touching random places on the screen. So, I decided to activate the dev option and log down the pointer movement, it turns out like a big cross and pointer moving around the screen frame, something like this: IXI , and top and bottom of course, in fact I was actually making circles in the middle of the screen. Any idea how this happen? I doubted that it might be a static electric discharge phenomenon, due to the usage of of low quality matte display screen protector which I constantly rubbing lightly. However, that is just my guess and I would like to hear from you guys as well. Helps and suggestions are appreciated, thank you.
16 REPLIES 16
Emperor
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Xperia Z2 touch screen going rampage

Remove the screen protector and see if you experience the same issue

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Also check if you experience the same while on safe mode

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

if you do then, repair your phone with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

If nothing works, Contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Visitor
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

You sound like you know what you are doing. But for the benefit of other readers: Cleaning the screen and ensuring no moisture or other conductive contamination on it is the first step. I was surprised to discover that "waterproof" means waterproof, but it does not mean the phone can operate underwater or with any moisture on the screen.

Visitor
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

contact your service center
Visitor
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

I greatly appreciate everyone for your answers, it seems like it's ok now, even I myself don't know how it happen. By the way, how can I insert screenshot over here, maybe you guys can have a better guess with that screenshot, thank you.
Regular
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

This also happens to me when I am connected to a charger. I cant use my phone as it does weird things on its own.

I removed the screen protector long ago as someone recommended to avoid issues with the touch screen while in the pool. No improvement. Water drops on the screen acts like an actual touch command. If my camera was on, it will take pictures and videos so randomly or even open other apps or make calls and send messages.

Is there a solution for this?

The issue while chaarging is happening all the time. While I dont swim that often so I really dont mind but it would be nice if it doesnt do weird things while wet.

Regular
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

Home screen apps disappear after latest update, many serious issues

After the update, I noticed a lot of issues. One is that some of my home screen apps disappear everytime I reboot my phone.

Other issues is my battery drains faster even in normal daily use.

Sometimes my phone will reboot by itself without warning.

My screen acts really weird. It appears it being touched in several places at the same time. I know sometimes dust or finger print will cause this but it seems more sensitive and serious now. I have to keep my screen totally clean at all times. But this is a big hassle. I don't use a screen protector since it was recommended to remove it.

Hope all these will be fixed
Emperor
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Re: Home screen apps disappear after latest update, many serious issues

@BagMan

Are those apps on the SD card?

Does the phone has a protective case and/or film?