account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z2 lagging with games?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Xperia Z2 lagging with games?

Hello πŸ‘‹

I have just bought my first Sony device - the great Xperia Z2. It looks beautiful, the camera is incredible, but so far, there hasn't been a game that wouldn't lag at least a little bit. It's more about the smoothness, they're not completely smooth. For instance, when you scroll through the available games in Pou, it stutters a lot. Same with the ball. Sky jump lags from time to time, too. I have also tried Kingdom Rush: Frontiers and Cytus. Both of these will stutter a bit at some point. Now, I'm almost certain that this is all my fault and I need to configure something, but I've already closing the background apps, rebooting the device and minor stuff like that.

Looking forward to your response guys.
Best regards,
-Sathron
11 REPLIES 11
Visitor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Xperia Z2 lagging with games?

I've already tried*, sorry for the typo!
Adviser
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I am getting this issue too for example when playing worms 2. Also finding the main menu lag when pulling the notification bar down and when swiping left and right to other main menu screens.
Adviser
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I've seen another post on this topic saying because it is not all games, it is something for the developers to correct for.
Talent
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Also go in to the stamina menu and uncheck the box at the bottom of the menu.
The box will limit Performance. Not sure what the box is called in the english version, i have swedish on mine Slightly smiling Face
Adviser
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Thanks. Tried but was already unchecked.
Commissioner
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Ski jump was lagged even on Xp T Adreno 230... It is something with KitKat compatibleness... It's not device problem...  Dedicated games like RR3, Asphalt 7 go without glitches... Let's wait till KitKat gets more popular around Play. Still a lot developers optimize they're games for JB.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Commissioner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Look around also how much free RAM you have, try to close up all nececery background programs. 

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I am also having issues with playing Rcing Rivals. My phone lags big time and ot gets really hot. This really **bleep** as this is supposed to be 1 of the best phones out there. Really poor. Im actually thinking of returning mine and getting a Samsung.

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I've had the z2 for 2 months and i am really disappointed. I downloaded dream league soccer and cat wars 2 and both does not load the game when offline.i have tried the game in galaxy note 3 and it worked well. I waited for this phone for 3 months and all I got are disappointments.