account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z2 Pre order delivery date 3 Mobile Uk

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia Z2 Pre order delivery date 3 Mobile Uk

I just tried searching for a uk launch date to no avail.

Surely this has to be hurting their potential profits. I've pre ordered, but unsure if the phone will make April delivery for me. The potential May delivery would be impractical due to going abroad at the end of April.

Sony - who are your 'key partners' you intend to meet the pre-orders in April for?

Are 3 mobile included? I contacted them to be told I'm "early in the queue and will receive the device by April 10th" however a customer service rep via Facebook told me May 1st. I then phoned 3 again to be told April 10th - confusing?

Please can someone clear this up for me. If the device wasn't so appealing to my preference I'd have already swapped to the S5/HTC M8 by now.

Ash
4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia Z2 Pre order delivery date 3 Mobile Uk

You can pre-order now for delivery on the 11th April 2014 so the person who said 10th is probably right give or take 24hrs

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adept
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

That's what I was led to believe. Three originally stated April 10th on their website when I placed my pre order. This later changed to May 1 for new pre orders, but in my personal account info 10th of April is still stated (and as said previously, 3 customer support via phone still say April).

Is this a matter of 3's Facebook team not realising pre orders were placed before a May 1st date was put on their website?
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Probably they think you are a new customer about to order and due to demand any orders taken now will be delivered/ready for collection on the 1st - So if you were told and have the 10th then if they fail to deliver on that day then they have breached a contract with you

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adept
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Since I couldn't get a straight answer from 3, I cancelled my order and have pre ordered with Phones4U as they still say it is expected for April 11th.