account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z2 Compact - we want it :D

Regular
Message 51 of 95
Message 51 of 95

Re: Xperia Z2 Compact - we want it :D

Just wanna 4k and thin bezel for z2 compact
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 52 of 95
Message 52 of 95

Sony Xperia Z2 Compact

Congraltulation to Sony team For finally delivering the much awaited so call Perfect phone Xperia z2.

YOu guys really Listened to the wishes of loyal customers and fans and fixed all the Flaws and bring a wondeful device.

Things I loved about Z2

1- Premium Design

2- Latest Specs

3-Best of sony ( IPS display , Stereo Speakers , 4k, Great camera (in a compact design)

4-Small Bezels

5- noise cancellation

Suggestion - As i loved XPeria z2 but it is certainly not possible for me to buy this premium Device. Last month i decided to buy xperia z1 Compact and went to the shop but only thing kept me from buying it is the audio department and bezels. no doubt the audio is great, but not loud enough, and as i does not comes with noise cancellation tech in built, i ruines the music experiance. and the bezels ruins the look of the device.if you read this message kindly read it if you are considring a mini version of z2

1- small bezels

2-better audio output (loudness and quality)

3-bigger screen in same size as you did with z2 Slightly smiling Face

JDT
Learner
Message 53 of 95
Message 53 of 95

If they could squeeze a 4.5 inch, 1080p display in without increasing on the z1 compacts size and without it affecting battery life that would be great but not essential. As long as it sticks to the same formula as the z1 compact I'll be upgrading to it from my z at the end of the year.
Visitor
Message 54 of 95
Message 54 of 95

if they manage to keep the same size as z1 compact, but with thinner bezels and 4.5 display, it would be awesome. and a little bit thinner, something like 8.5-8.9mm would be great too. 2400-2500mah battery and everything else the same as z2

they will probably do it, since Sony SO-04F passed by FCC measures 127.6 x 65.5mm, this is 0.6mm taller and wider (0.6mm is a hair, so basically same size) 

this will be my next buy

One time poster
Message 55 of 95
Message 55 of 95

i bought the z1 compact and i really like it good job sony ! the camera is awsome and the screen quality is great!!!! but for the next  i mean the z2 compact i will like sony to improve more the camera because the 20,7 megapixel g lens can do better .

Talent
Message 56 of 95
Message 56 of 95

I think that rather than ask the Z2 Compact, which will surely hit the market at some point,and in this future model solve the current problems ... 

What we should ask Sony, is to first solve the current problems of the Z1 Compact, and not let their users into oblivion, problems like low media volume, the problems of camera flash, best fit algorithm comprehension of images from the camera to really get the maximum of camera 20 mpx with G Lens.... 
It's just only my opinion, as someone that large sum of money is spent on a phone, at least deserves proper maintenance by the company

Learner
Message 57 of 95
Message 57 of 95

News making rounds that xperia Z2 compact design has just passed the FCC. And, a little dissappointing part in the news is that the sreen size might be enlarged by 0.2 cms. Neutral FaceWorried Faceso people, z2 compact might be 4.5 inches screen. which is not surprising as they have already made Z2 5.2 inches. 

Sony, please keep the size of compact to 4.3 only. anything beyond 4.3 is not compact. i am not against the screen size bigger than 4.3 but then it is not compact.

And, if you can reduce the bezel margin then please bring the phone boundaries in and make it even a smaller phone, rather. But please keep the screen size 4.3. Anything bigger than does not fit into the definition of compact. 

z2 with 4.5 inch screen would not make compact. its will just be another version of z2. 

I am desparately waiting for z2 compact. last week went to buy z1 compact (oh man, it just beat iphone5s in one to one comparison of performance, internet speed and what not) and I was on the verge of buying it when shopkeeper told me that z2 compact will be coming soon in few months. and I can wait for few months, actually.

still praying that it will not be bigger than 4.3 inches.Folded Hands

Regular
Message 58 of 95
Message 58 of 95

Sony I hope you listen as you are SOOOO close to making the perfect phone the Z2 compact is your chance to be the game changer (and sell a huge amount of phones while rivals catch up). 

Tha main reason I don't think Z1C is flying off the shelves is we have seen (and I have owned) the Z be nealy there, the Z1 oh so close and the Z2 be a big boy rival to the competition so all of us that have Z's and Z1's are waiting for the Z2C due to both contract lenghts and the fact it will be a mini Z2. (my only gripe with my Z1 is it's size for 1 handed use and smoothness of the edges)

BUT from what I have been reading this may not be the case that Z2C won't really be better then the Z1C????

Don't be stupid SONY fix the camera in low light, keeps all the specs as the Z2 in a msaller package with a reduced bezel (4.5 screen maybe) and you will surely WIN WIN WIN.

Oh and smooth out the Magnetic charger port as it makes it less nice to hold than most of the competition.

So many mates with iPhones and S3/4's love my phone but hate the size, Z2C would solve this.

Oh and at least 32GB (Circa 27GB) on board would be a mssive step too as it doesn't look like google will ever allow Apps to be stored on an external SD anymore so with 11GB currently a couple of decent games and apps and your phone is constantly tellin you it's 75% full.

Spec like that and people would pay and not care if it isn't the thinnest phone on the market.

JDT
Learner
Message 59 of 95
Message 59 of 95

Definitely a game changer if sony get the phone and its advertising right. I think it has to have the same internals as the z2 otherwise what's the point. And the dimensions can't be any bigger than the z1 compact, thinner if possible but it's not a deal breaker. If they can slim down the bezel and squeeze in a 4.5 screen it'll be a perfect phone and I'll be first in line to buy one.
JDT
Learner
Message 60 of 95
Message 60 of 95

I'm on the fence about a 1080 screen as I'm not sure the benefits you get from it outweigh the benefits of a lower resolution screen like the battery life and frame rates