account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z2 Can't Open Apps Android 6.0.1

Highlighted
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia Z2 Can't Open Apps Android 6.0.1

Android Version 6.0.1

Build Number: 23.5.A.0.575

Phone: Xperia Z2 D6502

Android Patch Security Level: March 1, 2016 (I type this on 11th June 2016)

With all these details provided, it was until today I started having problems with my phone. There was an update downloaded a few days ago and occassionally I have trouble with my phone in this way:

I wake phone as usual and enter screen lock code to unlock. It unlocks to my previously running app (Whatsapp). I can't scroll or select anything in the app. Can't open chat can't do anything.

I press home button, it takes me to homescreen. I find out I cannot swipe sideways to my other homescreens.

I try open app from my homescreen. Apps won't open, app folders won't even open.

I try open the menu, just like before.. nothing.

I press the multitasking button, seems to work fine and displays all open apps, however, I cannot get into any of these apps, nor can I close them (either by swiping or tapping on the X).

Back button seems to work fine but I am back to my homescreen that can't do anything. Holding home button brings up google now, seems to be working fine.

Reboot phone and everything seems to be back to normal. A few hours later the same thing happens.

Choose not to reboot. 

15 minutes later the problem seems to be gone.

Any information on what could be causing this and/or ways to remedy it that doesn't include me resetting my phone? 

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia Z2 Can't Open Apps Android 6.0.1

Forgot to mention that the notification tray seems to work fine while the bug is active 

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

So this occurs if you are in an app and you let the device lock itself? @theRealMbavalo

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Not always. Sometimes it just bugs out mid operation. At first I thought it was because I had moisture on my fingers that was messing with the touchscreen but even after making sure it was all dry the problem persisted 

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@theRealMbavalo Can you check if the same occurs in safe mode?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hmm.. had completely forgotten about that option... Next time it bugs out I will put it in safemode and have it stay there for about a day and see if anything changes