account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 291 of 861
Message 291 of 861

Frame rate Issue on camera after update?

Is anyone elses camera's frame rate playing up? It's playing up on the rear camera and front camera.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 292 of 861
Message 292 of 861

Re: Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

@crabbycakes
I have already installed nova launcher but that is not the solution. Having a new launcher means granting immense lot of permissions, recustomizing everything again.. And another annoying thing, not every widget works with these launchers. For example, with Xperia launcher I can have one settings widgets for all major day to day setting, can't do with nova.. And there are many more of such widgets.. Recustomizing everything is such a pain. Spent 2 hours and am still not completely done! Looking for alternatives doesn't solve the problem! And for sure is not simple!
Highlighted
Learner
Message 293 of 861
Message 293 of 861

Hello Everybody,

Since the update 4.4.4, my earphones (Sony XBA-H3) et those that came with the phone are not longer recognized. I CANT lister music or radio. Also, my battery time has decreased and I have no longer  sms and email sound notification.

I am a lawyer and I wrote a hard letter to the customer service in France to ask them the way to roll back to the 4.4.2. and fix all the problems.

My opinion is: I bought a luxury mobile that worked perfeclty well before the update. I never ask for it. Today I can just note that this update makes the phone not working properly and cause me prejudice (I use it as professional but it is the same for any use).

I think all people who posted there are in the same angry situation.

I wait for the answer the customer service will give: if i am not satisfied, I will sue them and ask for damages. I keep you informed.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 294 of 861
Message 294 of 861

Since doing the latest Sony update it have a constant new message notification on my status bar and on app icon but I have no new messages?
Highlighted
Learner
Message 295 of 861
Message 295 of 861

O2 UK today updated to 4.4.4, everything is going well but camera is terrible, what the **bleep** SONY?!!!! fix it asap!!!! And, of course the icons are tooooo big, really bad job with latest update, i hope that you will send another update to fix all yours mistakes :-)
Highlighted
Talent
Message 296 of 861
Message 296 of 861

Surprised how many people don't know how to downgrade or roll back to 4.4.2. A simple google search would give you the information. The program is called Flashtool. Sony has an official one I believe (Emma Flashtool) , but there are 3rd party ones that do the exact same. It simply flashes a stock firmware file (ftf) of your choice (if you want 4.4.2, then you're looking for firmware 314) which will wipe everything and restore it to a factory state.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 297 of 861
Message 297 of 861

How to downgrade to 4.4.2?
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 298 of 861
Message 298 of 861

Updated to 4.4.4 today and now want my iPhone back. Apps are huge, Google search banner locked on every screen. Look and feel of my z2 is ruined now. Please fix..
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 299 of 861
Message 299 of 861

Just got my 4.4.4 update today (EE in UK)
First impression - icons are huge and I really don't like it. Never really noticed icon size on any phone i have ever had but these are just silly and need to be fixed.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 300 of 861
Message 300 of 861

The UI icons are HORRIBLE!!! My eyes are struggling to adjust to the MASSIVE icons! Very bad basic lack of graphic design proportion principles. Urgh!!!