account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

Highlighted
Talent
Message 271 of 861
Message 271 of 861

Re: Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

Radio is not working!
Highlighted
Talent
Message 272 of 861
Message 272 of 861

The Radio is not Working after update

The Radio app is not working anymore after updating to 4.4.4 (167 firmware)!
The scan comes and then the radio app is also seems to be working, but can't hear anything!

Simply the radio app is there, but nothing comes out of it!
Anyone know why and how to fix!??
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 273 of 861
Message 273 of 861

XPERIA Z2 notification sound very low after 4.4.4 update

I have problem in notification sound very low after 4.4.4 update. Anyone can help
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 274 of 861
Message 274 of 861

New update looks awfull

Since i updated my phone to Xperia Z2 Android 4.4.4 23.0.1.A.0.167 i noticed some changes

- Bigger icon sizes

- Bold hour display in lock screen

- when i have multiple apps in a directory on my home screen suddenly when i click it 

its white instead of the darker transparent map

In my opinion it loos awfull, so is there any way to change this? if it cant, sony plz make things

optional. it gives my phone a less smooth look and even a bit ugly in my opinon.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 275 of 861
Message 275 of 861

Hello, just updated my z2 yesturday to 4.4.4 and noticed the sound quality has gone down noticeably when listening to music through the mdr-nc31e/nc31 ear phones as well as through the speakers! Anyone have the same issue?

Anyone know how to "downgrade" the operating system from 4.4.4 back to 4.4?
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 276 of 861
Message 276 of 861

@Binstar and @colective

Try pushing the red button under the cover for the SIM-slot and USB-port for a few seconds and see if that helps.
If the issue remains you may want to try to repair the firmware in the phone using PC Companion or Bridge for Mac but please note that this will reset the phone.

@Gerardjm

Please see this thread: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Google-Policy-in-Kit-Kat-MicroSD-restricted-write-access/m-p...

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Genius
Message 277 of 861
Message 277 of 861

Hi, just downloaded the new software......pleased to say that everything is fine, i use a different launcher/icons so the larger icons dont affect me but did revert back to see what they look like & think they look not too bad....will have a good play around with any other new things later but so far it all looks fine :smileysmileywink:

Highlighted
Regular
Message 278 of 861
Message 278 of 861

Update to my previous post on Monday:

An update on status to my previous post:
I did a repair phone using pcc last night and tested stamina mode today. Same thing happened. The messages are not coming in until I open the apps. I have sms, line and whatsapp in the exception list but nothing is coming through until I launch the app.

Sony pls fix this else stamina mode is useless

I think it is not only an issue in stamina mode but even with stamina mode off as well.

I have a few encounters today, notifications are not coming in from those instant messengers app (e.g. Whatsapp and Line) when the phone screen is off. Open when I am in the app, the messages which is suppose to arrive hours ago suddenly all come in at the same time ... Its not my connectivity issue, since Z2 is telling me i am having LTE connection full signal and google chrome is working fine ..

come on Sony, what is going now .. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 279 of 861
Message 279 of 861

Tethering no longer works since update

Hi, ive just downloaded android 4.4.4 update for my Z2 and it seems to have broke tethering. I can enable wifi tethering and my laptop connects to it but theres no Internet connection. And its the same for usb tethering. Both were working before update. My network is 3 and have 2gb bandwidth. Laptop is win7 64 bit home premium. Is anyone else having this problem or managed to resolve it?
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 280 of 861
Message 280 of 861

Camera is laggy and horrible. Icons are far too large...

Those are the only problems I've noticed so far (but I haven't even tried to use my phone yet).

Last time I buy a sony product!