account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

Highlighted
Message 44 of 861
Message 44 of 861

Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

Here you will post all the problems after the update of Z2

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

860 REPLIES 860
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 861
Message 1 of 861

Camera Freezes

Hi!

After the new Album app installed the Sony Camera app is not capable of taking pictures any more. When I open the App and press the shutter button the screen freezes and shows the image that should be captured (and the shutter an record buttons), stored but it does not store it. Rather the screen is irresponsible, no exit option, responsivity is completely lost. I have to turn the screen off and on in order to get back the User Interface.

Please fix it.
I have an Xperia Z Ultra.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 861
Message 2 of 861

Re: Camera Freezes

Open settings then Apps and swipe to all then locate and open Camera then tap force close then Clear cache and Clear data then reboot and test

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 861
Message 3 of 861

Yes, it is a workaround but with other words "you can handle the symptoms but the illness still remains there". With easy words: it is not Microsoft it is the Linux word. Report problem or solve it if you can but a workaround or a half solution is not a solution. I like Sony products, I reported it for fix. That's it. But thanks your fast reply. And in fact reboot and cache delete works in most of the cases.
Cheers.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 861
Message 4 of 861

Where are you saving the pictures? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 861
Message 5 of 861

Pictures are saved to the internal storage.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 861
Message 6 of 861

Do you have plenty of free internal storage? do you have any antivirus ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 861
Message 7 of 861

Yes I have anti-virus and huge amount of free storage space. It is about an internal buggy state in the camera app that accured in some circumstances.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 861
Message 8 of 861

Uninstall the antiivrus for a couple of days and test again 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 861
Message 9 of 861

For z1 compact also