account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

NNE
Visitor
Message 411 of 861
Message 411 of 861

Re: Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

The 4.4.4 update is something that Sony should never release on the Z2.

* Laggy camera - the super 21MP camera now feels like a old VGA one.

* Enormous icons - this new icon size was made for 80 years old ppl ?

* Every thing about this new update give us an old feeling now a new one.

How can we fix it ? Is sony reading our reviews ?

Adept
Message 412 of 861
Message 412 of 861

xperia z2 update problem

Let's try again as first has been deleted for some reason. My z2 updated the other day and ever since it keeps freezing every few minutes, and the the widget bar at the bottom with home button etc cannot be used, you touch any command the screen freezes then looks. It worked perfectly before the update, is there a way of taking the update off and having the old one?
Adviser
Message 413 of 861
Message 413 of 861

Mine seems to be using a lot more ram than it used to always seems to be 2gb and over which makes in not much better than my old sgs2...!
Regular
Message 414 of 861
Message 414 of 861

guys whom have downgraded, can the backup on 4.4.4 be restored onto 4.4.2? i am unroot and doesnt plan to root unless there are no other means. pls advice. thanks.
Forum Legend
Message 415 of 861
Message 415 of 861

If you have not rooted and not unlocked your bootloader but have say downgraded using Flashtools and a .ftf firmware file then yes the OTA updates and Pc Companion will work

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 416 of 861
Message 416 of 861

The issues I've been having include Apps hanging/crashing including Walkman which force the device to reboot or you have to do it manually . Battery discharging at much faster rate. Reboots during calls.
I'm going to have to look up how to rollback the install as the phone is becoming unusable!
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 417 of 861
Message 417 of 861

Xperia with Facebook not working

Has this been fixed yet or is there a workaround to restore high resolution images?  I have cleared data from the Xperia with Facebook app, disconnected and reconnected my account, synced and synced again etc. still no return to hi res images in contacts.

Only updated today. Wish I hadn't. I always fall in to the same trap with updates, get excited by the hype and repent soon after!!! Crying Face

Visitor
Message 418 of 861
Message 418 of 861

Re: Emails won't download after update

Hi Angela,

Just got off the phone to Sony Mobile. Basically, all you need to do is got to SETTING > APPS > (scroll left twice, to ALL > scroll down to EMAIL > CLEAR CACHE > CLEAR DATA. Now open your email

The downside is that it removes your email accounts so you need to do it again. I've just put back one of mine but now I don't see a button to add more accounts. Anyway, I hope this helps Slightly smiling Face

Talent
Message 419 of 861
Message 419 of 861

How on earth are we supposed to update Sony apps (TrackID, TrackID TV, Walkman, etc)?

They used to show in the update Center, now they don't. My Walkman version is not the newest, same with TrackID TV. TrackID TV used to support Canada, now it doesn't.

Why does Sony remove features with updates? This is absolutely ridiculous. You get people using your apps, then remove features? Brilliant business plan Sony. This is why you continue to report losses. Your software development team is an absolute joke.

The more I play around with this update, the more bugs I find. I honestly think Sony has one or two testers using one or two devices before rolling out the update to the masses.
Inhabitant
Message 420 of 861
Message 420 of 861

When will get a patch to fix the problems with 4.4.4?

There are so many problems with the update I don't even know where to begin.

I just found out the camera quality actually became bad now. I thought the only problem was that it was laggy before taking a picture. But no, the picture quality became bad too.

Uninstalling updates for probably any Xperia app is the most regretful thing you can do now, I highly suggest you don't. You need to forget about the updates for the apps, because you won't be able to update them anymore. Oh, and they won't show in the settings > apps list anymore. I deleted the Walkman's updates, and ALL of the Xperia apps got affected.

Closing apps irritates a lot now. Every time I slide an app to close it, the running apps above fall down extremely rough, compared to how they use to fall down smoothly before the update.

Huge icons for no reason and folders look huge and ugly as well.

I'm not really sure about this one, but i find myself charging the phone more now. I used to charge it every other day, but sometimes now every day. Is anybody else having faster draining battery?

I'm not sure if there are more problems with the update, but these are the only ones I found and pretty much annoy me everyday. Although I know I'll find some more after posting this.

Before someone suggests, I've reset the phone, contacted support via email and chat and I also went to Sony affiliated shops to fix the problems. If there's a way to remove the update without rooting and hopefully fixing everything, at least the ones I listed, please do let me know.

I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat, but this is my first Android AND Xperia phone. So this seriously a bad first experience and I've also had this phone for a month before the update and it was amazing. Seriously, no complaints.

Please click on the "Me Too" so I can know I'm not the only **bleep** who has this problem, and if you have time, copy this and email it to Sony support team. Thank you.