account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

Regular
Message 371 of 861
Message 371 of 861

Re: Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

Keep resolution 8mp(16:9),iso auto,sound & geotagging on,also use anti blur mode etc
Rookie
Message 372 of 861
Message 372 of 861

@Rickard what about my issue?
Highlighted
Message 373 of 861
Message 373 of 861

Hello Rickard, as follows are the top 7 complaints. 1 being MOST IMPORTANT 7 being less important:

1)The main problem is the Camera. ITS  REALLY LAGGY! and very unsatble. The manual mode has had a massive decrease in fps(frames per second) i.e the smoothness.  AND the  quality appers worse than before 4.4.4. Im certain you have downgraded the camera in almost all aspects, after the update 4.4.4, the 4.4.2 was so much better in terms of quality from the camera and especiallly the smoothness of picture. The low light quality is even worse. LOTS OF NOISE AND AGAIN--SMOOTHNESS 

2) Ive found that the notifiction sounds are quieter than before,  even though when if you play the notif in the settings its fine. 

3)The  lock screen background is sometimes black before popping in after half a second and this is the same with the homescreen background once unlocking.

4) Icons way too big losing the premium feel, dont get rid of them, as that would upset people who like them, but just give the option to have 5 by 5 icons on home screen.

5) I have also found that the 3D home screen transition is now gone even though it still exists on the Z3, the 3D transition was what made my sony xperia feel SONY, now its GONE, ITS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER ANDROID ON THE MARKET?

6) Battery seems less consistent, not always decreased but it lacks the consistency it used to have before, the whole ultra power mode needs MAJOR stability impovements especially the transition into ultra power mode.

7) Im going to be honest. The software doesnt feel sony.. and a backwards step in general for android, I thought you had made a significant improvment in design and software when you brought out Sony Xperia Z2 which was why i got one. Now that ive updated it its ruined my sense of sony phones.  I hate using most launchers so I'm stuck with it. 

8) Not only do i feel portayed but i feel like after this update i do not want to buy another sony phone, like my friends and alot of work mates, Im not going to get another sony phone if this situation is not sorted out. Unless you can offer me the complete 4.4.2 update again, or the redesign options, not only am going to try and root my ohone to factory settings o get my z2 back, IM BUYING A SAMSUNG. please help us, your fans, your loyal customers that buy your product. Thankyou. 

Apprentice
Message 374 of 861
Message 374 of 861

Yupii, my battery drains even faster now!!
Learner
Message 375 of 861
Message 375 of 861

I have the EXACT same problem with my MDR-NC31EM, also happened after the update

Visitor
Message 376 of 861
Message 376 of 861

Re: Latest Update - Ugly Big Icons

I have the same problem. Why doesn't Sony find a solution for this? I'm so dissapointed with the new look. The former one was cool and that's why I chose it. Now it looks awful. Is Sony making people go for Z3? As long as this problem is not solved, I will do my best to prevent people keep away from Sony products and tactics. Honestly, I feel so dissapointed. It is 2300 TL in Turkey man, can you believe it? Please do something that we can change the icon sizes, fonts manually. Cheers.

Genius
Message 377 of 861
Message 377 of 861

Re: Latest Update - Ugly Big Icons

@ramazanozbay wrote:

I have the same problem. Why doesn't Sony find a solution for this? I'm so dissapointed with the new look. The former one was cool and that's why I chose it. Now it looks awful. Is Sony making people go for Z3? 

Pretty sure the Z3 will have the same update....

Visitor
Message 378 of 861
Message 378 of 861

When update whith 4.4.4 Android version my Xperia Z2 is impossible to connect my Vaio Z sèrie to Internet thoug the cell.Who can help me.Is more important for me because I need the connection for my job.Thanks in advance
Learner
Message 379 of 861
Message 379 of 861

issues with new software

well first  thank you ever so much for that last update 

my life has turned now into a LIVING **bleep**

i have rested the phone software now more than 5 times (2 of them  just today )  , i'm unable to have my backup back  , walkman , gallery are is not  working

the phone keeps on lagging and restarting   , i have restarted 7 times  in the last 2 hours  and finally i'm unable to connect the phone to my pc  so i can see if there is a way to fix it thorough the champion !!!!

plz reply and fast 

Apprentice
Message 380 of 861
Message 380 of 861

My NC earphones are still being picked up as a stereo mic even though I've cleaned the connections.

Please fix or music unlimited is useless to me.