account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

Highlighted
Talent
Message 231 of 861
Message 231 of 861

Re: Xperia Z2 4.4.4 issues

And yes, those bigger icons are ugly, I prefer to have them even smaller as before
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 232 of 861
Message 232 of 861

I will not update my device after reading all the previous comments.

But the question now is: Does Sony read these comments? Or how will they know and work on fixing these issues!
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 233 of 861
Message 233 of 861

No overheating here, except playing games and watching internet vids like youtube.. Before playing asphalt 8 made the device slightly warmer, now it hurts my thumbs like a pan.
camera improved only via manual mode, the resolution change and stabilization option are gone from superiorauto mode, don't even know if they are 8 or 12 MPix anymore. A lot noise appeared after update specially night and foggy scene.

Are you dear Sony absolutely sure, that overriding and enhencement of sharpnes pixels of photos works correctly in new 4.4.4 ??

The battery was promised to get better, now it drains battery like crazy, from 100% to 92% over night - without touching the device!!

Icons... I get used to them, but my friends now are laughing that I'm going blind cause my menu takes most of the screen place with huge icons... yeah I know that touching space didn't change, but filling it all with graphics didn't help in anything.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Sony Xperia Support
Message 234 of 861
Message 234 of 861

The new update still has xLOUD but the feature has been moved into ClearAudio+. When you enable ClearAudio+ under Settings -> Sound -> Audio Settings this will also enable Clear Stereo, Clear Phase and xLOUD.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 235 of 861
Message 235 of 861

Thanks @Rickard, I do have it enabled, but the notification volume still seems lower than before (which was already low to begin with).

Could you provide some insight as to why Sony continues to not fully utilize the dual speakers on the front? Clearly from listening to music on these speakers, there's no doubt they're capable of much higher notification volumes (as well as speaker Phone volume). Why does Sony not utilize them to their fullest capabilities?

In my opinion, max volume should be exactly that - the maximum volume that the speakers can handle without being damaged. It doesn't make sense for every single z2 user to always have their volume maxed out. Max volume should be used in loud environments. On a regular basis, most people should be able to keep their notification volume around 50%, but that is not possible with the current notification volume being so low.

Another question I am wondering about is why Sony doesn't use both speakers for notifications, and for speaker phone? Again, we have 2 speakers, why not use them to their fullest capabilities? To me, that's like putting a 4k display on a device, but having it run at 1080p. Or putting a 64gb internal storage, but only letting the user use 32gb. Or putting a quad core processor, but only using 2 of them. It's like a car manufacturer putting in a 350hp engine, but capping it at 150hp. It doesn't make sense.

Why does Sony not use their high end hardware to its fullest capabilities? I honestly cannot think of one valid reason why a company would do that. Could you please comment?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 236 of 861
Message 236 of 861

Problem by changing Notification sound

After 4.4.4 update on my Z2 (D6503), i have discovered this bug,  when go to settings->sounds->Notification sound-> i get opened window with "File Commander". am i the only one with this probl? last tiime when had this i made Restart and all worked fine, but now same after RR...

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 237 of 861
Message 237 of 861

Re: Problem by changing Notification sound

Hmmm, weard, i made many Restarts, no use, but when i powered Off phone, and switched it back On, all works fine again...

Highlighted
Message 238 of 861
Message 238 of 861

Have you tried to reset app preferences?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 239 of 861
Message 239 of 861

nope, but ill do it now.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 240 of 861
Message 240 of 861

Why is the Z2 hardware not being fully utilized?

I posed this message in the 4.4.4 Bug Thread, but figured its more relevant having it's own separate thread.

Could someone from Sony provide some insight as to why Sony continues to not fully utilize the dual speakers on the front? Clearly from listening to music on these speakers, there's no doubt they're capable of much higher notification volumes (as well as speaker phone volume). Why does Sony not utilize them to their fullest capabilities?

In my opinion, max volume should be exactly that - the maximum volume that the speakers can handle without being damaged. It doesn't make sense for every single z2 user to always have their volume maxed out. Max volume should be used in loud environments only, not on an every day basis. On a regular basis, most people should be able to keep their notification volume around 50%, but that is not possible with the current notification volume being so low.

Another question I am wondering about is why Sony doesn't use both speakers for notifications, and for speaker phone? Again, we have 2 speakers, why not use them to their fullest capabilities? To me, that's like putting a 4k display on a device, but having it run at 1080p. Or putting a 64gb internal storage, but only letting the user use 32gb. Or putting a quad core processor, but only using 2 of them. It's like a car manufacturer putting in a 350hp engine, but capping it at 150hp. It doesn't make sense.

Why does Sony not use their high end hardware to its fullest capabilities? I honestly cannot think of one valid reason why a company would do that. Could someone from Sony please comment?

Thank you