account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1s Dropping Network Connection

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia Z1s Dropping Network Connection

My Z1s is a brand new phone. I have had it for 18 days, and it's now randomly dropping the network connection. 

It shows full bars in the signal strength icon, as well as the "4G LTE" logo.

I also keep getting a pop up from TMobile saying to "Sign into network" but I already am signed in.

I already went the "Wireless & Networks > More > Mobile Networks > Service Providers" route to ensure I was connected to the correct network. The only solution was to restart the phone, but now that doesn't even seem to be working. Any ideas???\

This is seriously frustrating. I love this phone but this is now the 3rd problem I have had since purchasing it. 

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia Z1s Dropping Network Connection

I have had mine since the release date with no issue with anything on the phone. I would go back and exchange it for another do to if you already have an issue there may be more to come from what I have been reading. T-Mobile will just hand you a new phone being only 18 days old.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Do you have a secondary SIM you can test in the phone before returning it?

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hello everyones, i have the same problem, i tested another chip in my phone but the network still dropping. I replaced my chip in my service provider and the problem is not going anywhere. My network issue starts when i turned off my mobile data traffic. Maybe can be a software problem. Not really sure

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Take it back to tmobile. Let them trouble shoot the phone and exchange it if need be. Especially if you have insurance and if you are their jump program upgrade it to something better.