account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z1 constantly drops network connection (India user on Idea Network)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 11 of 45
Message 11 of 45

Re: Xperia Z1 constantly drops network connection (India user on Idea Network)

Hi,

I have recently purchased my Xperia Z1. Within 4 days of purchase I started facing issues with drop in 3G network on my Z1. I replaced my SIM, I also spoke to my network service provider Vodafone. I tried my Sim in a nokia 520 it worked fine.

I also replaced my brand new Z1 under DOA with a brand new replacement. I have upgraded the phone firmware from sony service centre to latest 4.3

Now, with the new phone its the same issue. If the phone is on standby or not attended for more than 2 hrs its drops 3G reception. I mean you can see 3G reception on phone but I am not able to receive any phone calls or data services. At this point, the phone also does not latch on to 2G network which is super strong in my area.

I have to keep my phone on GSM only or WCDMA only to receive constant service. Still data services gets dropped, byt the way the issue is only when phone is kept in WCDMA preffered/GSM mode

I spoke to customer care several times but they blame it on network. I have been using Sony Xperia P in past for more than 2 years and had no issues. I dont know if someone else has experienced this, the contact centre operators place your call on hold and they never get back to you, miraculously the call gets disconnect while on hold. 

The best reply I got from contact centre was my SIM is not compatiable with my phone.

It seems i have made a huge mistake purchasing this handset. The phone firmware definately has a bug where under certain circumstances it drops network.

Sony please do something about it quickly. I hope the Kitkat upgrade should fix this.

Thanks,

John

One time poster
Message 12 of 45
Message 12 of 45

I am also facing the same issues. I am using vodafone network and have to restart my phone 4 to 5 times a day. Please help.

Visitor
Message 13 of 45
Message 13 of 45

Hi Salujaa

Try changing your network mode from WCDMA preferred to WCDMA only or GSM only. Its working for me.atleast for now.

Thanks,

john

Sony support guys, why arent you acknowledging this query???

One time poster
Message 14 of 45
Message 14 of 45

Hello, Me too facing the same problem with Z1. I get sms alert from airtel that you have missed calls from various people as my phone is not reachable most of the time. Sadly Sony is not giving out any permanent solution for this issue.
One time poster
Message 15 of 45
Message 15 of 45

Hi guys I have had my phone just 8 days ago noticed on the second day it had dreaded signal issue been through all the diagnostic tests no joy whatsoever. I'm now at my permanent address and connected to wifi which as its a big house had boosters but the z1 cannot connect to it without pages taking a an age. So bottom line is I'm reverting back to samsung and getting a note 3. Sony after sales 10 good but hardware
One time poster
Message 16 of 45
Message 16 of 45

Sony, I have always had a HTC but decided to buy a Sony. Changed my sim across and now I am having the same issues as all these people. Once the signal is dropped the phone doesn't seem to actively look to reconnect. If I loose signal when driving through a bad area, the signal stays lost until I manually search for networks. Not good enough, sort it out please because I am loosing business.
Message 17 of 45
Message 17 of 45

I have similar issues with my Z1s. My notifications bar displays full bars, yet I have no active connection. This persists for at LEAST 10 minutes every time.

Rookie
Message 18 of 45
Message 18 of 45

Having same issue with my Xperia Z1. It is not moving easily from 3G to 2G when low signal/ no Signal of 3G connection (WCDMA Preffered mode) . Phone becomes not reachble. Even at the same time 2G connection have strong signals in other phones. Other phones easily moves when 3G gets low signal but sony z1 takes more time to move. I have to switch off and on mobile data OR need to change network mode from WCDMA preffered to 2G for moving 2G connection in phone. This is very serious issues and seeking support from sony. Problem persist even after changing sim card and update to kitkat version 14.3.A.0.757 (most latest). Sony need your support to solve this permanently.

Regular
Message 19 of 45
Message 19 of 45

I am also using Idea network and not facing any problem related to network. As far as battery issue is concerned after Kit Kat upgrade it has started and looking forward for any update from Sony to solve it alongwith the RAM and camera issues. Upto 4.3 every thing used to work fine.

One time poster
Message 20 of 45
Message 20 of 45

I am having Internet connection issues with my brand new Z1s. I've already replaced my phone with a new one hoping it was just the phone but this one is having the same issues. I can rarely stream anything for more than a few seconds without it having to buffer but it never comes back. Numerous times an hour my Internet will have no connection but I have full bars in 4G. Help please!!!