account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 compact bluetooth volume control

Rookie
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

Xperia Z1 compact bluetooth volume control

Hello Support Forum,

since the latest image update 14.3.A.0.757 is it not anymore possible to control the bluetooth volume from the device.

I mean I am connected with mobile via bluetooth to my sound system or free speaking function of my car radio and I can not anymore control the value of the sound volume. the sound bar is shown on the phone but there is no change if I move it up and down. :-(  This is since the last update before there was no problem with that.

Br

gogo12

24 REPLIES 24
Rookie
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Re: Xperia Z1 compact bluetooth volume control

yep same for me, same firmware. But it's only a problem on my AptX amplifier and when trying 2 change the volume all it does is beeping a short one all the way from up til zero then all sound disapears. No problem before as u said.

Rookie
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

This is correct it makes the sound but it is not really changing the volume level.

Rookie
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

Same here and it's also fot the AptX speakers. Kind of anoying. Hope they will fix it with new software update.

One time poster
Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

Hello. In the same way,  i just bought a external device connected with bluetooth to listen music. I can hear the sound but no volume control with bluetooth, even if i see the bar change. It doesn t work neither with my Xperia z1 compact mobile phone, nor with my Xperia tablet. Worried Face

I also checked the external device with an iphone, and It works so It seems to be a bug from Sony software...

Rookie
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

Hi jobijoba,

I have contacted Sony support and they suggested to me I should make a repair of my device with Sony update Software.

Until now I have not done it because I am scared that I will lose all my settings.

Maybe someone of you has already done it and let us know.

Thank you!

One time poster
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

Bluetooth volume control doesn't work with Kitkat!!!
Repair with PC Companion-Same problem as before. Support Chat: helpless.. Is there anybody out there Who can fix that??? Sony/Google statement??
Visitor
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

Just updated today build 14.4.A.0.108 hoping that is would solve this ridiculous problem... it didn't!  Very frustrating that several hundred dollars worth of devices become useless because there is no quality control with the Sony kitkat update, and zero support in responding to requests for a fix!

Regular
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

I have exactly the same issue, with my APTX enabled speakers. No Volume Control.... And the defaulkt volume is quite loud!

One time poster
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

Are there any solutions? Will Sony fix this? It's annoying!