account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z1 compact bluetooth volume control

Regular
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Xperia Z1 compact bluetooth volume control

Another BUMP BUMP BUMP

I would like to know that Sony confirms this is a problem and that they've put it on their list of things to fix.

Utter Silence so far, which is weird, because the effect of this bug is almost deafening Volume levels coming out of my speakers

Also: The same isssue is reported by many others for many other phones as well. It looks like this was an error in the base KitKat code. In some cases, it has been fixed by new patches from phone vendors, whcih started appearing end of july. 

Rookie
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

I have the same problem on the 108 firmware.

Waiting for updates!

Rookie
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

Volume control problems when using bluetooth aptX

So it has been coulle of months and 3 updates and still the volume cotrol for my creative T30 is not working through the phone. I have posted this message already and no one cares I guess. The AOSP roms are working just fine but with official sony ROM it is just beeping and the volume stays the same. Is this normal that the issue is still there and nobody even take a look at it?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

Re: Volume control problems when using bluetooth aptX

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with bluetooth volume.

As i understand it, this has to do with a change regarding the bluetooth volume control in Android 4.4. I've heard that some bluetooth speakers doesn't seem to be compatible with this change and that it's not possible to adjust the volume when using a phone with Android 4.4 with certain speakers. See https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=62790 for example.

It's not a general issue with the bluetooth volume in the phone. It will work fine if you for example pair it with any of our speakers or headsets. I recommend that you contact the support for the headset/speaker to see if they have any update for it that makes it fully compatible with Android 4.4.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

I have very recently tested the bluetooth speaker wich couldn´t be controlled with experia z1, but it works perfectly with my pad (android 4.4.2). so i think the problem lies within the phone. fix it....

Best regards StigM

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

This is something that has been forwarded internally as feedback but if you check the link i posted you can see that this also happens with other devices on Android 4.4. However, not all manufacturers may use the standard bluetooth stack in Android.

As this seems to be a general compatibility issue between certain speakers and Android 4.4 i'm not sure if this is something that we can solve from our end.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

Hello Richard,

as bluetooth volume controls works on my phone with power amp, but not with google play and neither with deezer (without bluetooth connection all work fine) it's seems to derive form Sony's firmware.

Regards

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

Same problem with soundwaver. working with every other device. soundwaver could be setted by phone, on display or keys on the side. Different phones used. iphone, samsung, htc. Only sony is not working. It is not a 4.4.x Problem, ok, because samsung and htc are running on the same firmware. 4.4.x!

For me it is a sony problem. They cannot fix it, support is bad as usual.

Reset phone? same problem as before. Problem of the bluetooth device? No, wirking fine with any other devices

Solution: Buy another phone! In my opinion the only good solution to escape from all sony problems!

Inhabitant
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

There is a small solution for me. Maybe somebody helps this too. I downloaded the ap poweramp or vlc media player on android store. Both player have a "master volume" setting in equilazer. With this it is possible to regulate the volume of the bluetooth device. Not nice but working.

Anyone something better?

Visitor
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

Hi Richard
This is nothing But a joke, Right? You See vlc is able to regulate master Volume, But Sony is not? And you tell me to buy Other speakers in solution for your Bugs.. In germany we Wouldnt call this solution. "yeah well um bester buy some Other companys products, we cant fix our Software. " Sorry for my language