account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 Compact headset problems

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia Z1 Compact headset problems

I have been using a Sennheiser CX 5.00 G with my Xperia Z1c. Until Lollipop 5.0.2. the headset buttons were doing their job.

Now with this 5.1.1 rollout the middle button won't take calls, sometimes acts as volume up, sometimes volume down, sometimes it is completely unresponsive. Playback of music shuts down after 10 seconds, then it comes out of the phone speaker. I'd really hate to switch from Sony since I have owned almost exclusively Sony Ericsson and Sony phones and until now I have been delighted with my Z1 Compact. I hope there will be a bugfix on this.

3 REPLIES 3
Genius
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xperia Z1 Compact headset problems

Hi @Ischtwahn

Please, boot your device into safe mode as explained here. If this issue is not present in this mode, that indicates a third
party app is causing the problem. In this case exit Safe Mode and then un-install any third party apps you don't need and
clear the cache/data for the apps you want to keep. I´m at disposal for any question and please keep us updated of the results..

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Ischtwahn

Settings > apps > all > music/walkman and smartconnect > clear data > restart the phone. Is the music stored on the internal or on an SD card? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Unfortunately it doesn't work. It's the same issue. I've disabled the SmartConnect, I've deleted the app settings, booted into Safe Mode - pressed the volume key - nothing happened. Pressed the App key in the middle - it raised the volume. 2 Minutes later I pressed it again, then it lowered the overall volume. So it won't be a 3rd party app Slightly frowning Face