account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z1 Compact camera issue/freeze

kmc
Learner
Message 21 of 227
Message 21 of 227

Re: Xperia Z1 Compact camera issue/freeze

My phone camera used to freeze, now it doesn't even get that far! Try to open camera and it just shows a blank screen. While in safe mode, what am I supposed to be doing to check for 3rd party app issues? Sounds like a bug Sony needs to fix to me. Has put me off the idea of upgrading to Z2 that's for sure!
kmc
Learner
Message 22 of 227
Message 22 of 227

If I'm just checking to see if the camera freezes or not in safe mode then I can tell you it does freeze. It loaded, but then I clicked to flip camera and it froze. Please fix this issue Sony!
One time poster
Message 23 of 227
Message 23 of 227

Uninstalling the.app 'snapchat' fixed this exact problem for me.
One time poster
Message 24 of 227
Message 24 of 227

Phone was fine until latest update. Camerea started freezing and now just shows a black screen. Also the phone is slow and freezes ocasionally.

have rebooted in safe mode and then off and back on again , phone is now working fine. Problem is that i have read on other forums that this is only a temporary fix. 

I dont have many apps on my phone and those that i don are fairly standard and all worked well with my last phone.

One time poster
Message 25 of 227
Message 25 of 227

Been having nothing but problems with my camera, it's basically useless, which for a product which uses the camera as a major marketing feature is pathetic. Also forget about sending it to Sony to get it fixed, my wife did that, they quoted her £100.00 to fix it, she paid because she just wants her £500.00 phone back, they said it would be fixed in five days, but after she paid they sent an email saying the parts weren't in stock and had no idea when she would get her phone back! I switched from a nexus to this piece of rubbish, never again!
Message 26 of 227
Message 26 of 227

This has happened to me a few times. Lock/unlock seems to help recover the situation. Launching the camera causes paying audio to loop a very short sequence creating a loud and broken sounding buzz. Perhaps a sign the camera app is overloading the CPU? Bugzzzzzz
Commissioner
Message 27 of 227
Message 27 of 227

It's becoming an issue on my phone as well. It's easy to overcome: lock unlock, but it drives me nuts! 

When is that update coming out? 

Commissioner
Message 28 of 227
Message 28 of 227

... and again

One time poster
Message 29 of 227
Message 29 of 227

Well, I also had the same problem.. You can solve it by first booting your phone into safe mode and then clear all the camera's data.. Then restart your phone normally and voila, problem solved!
You can try it as it worked for me.. It's been 2 days and the camera is still working perfectly with no kind startup delay whatsoever.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 30 of 227
Message 30 of 227

Exactly the same problemas:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/z1c-and-the-dead-camera-I-don-t-know-what-else-to-do...

No help from Sony, they are just stuck in a feedback loop between safe mode and PC companion.

I am in disbelief.