account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z1 Compact 4.4 Update Issues

Emperor
Message 21 of 285
Message 21 of 285

Xperia Z1 Compact 4.4 Update Issues

The purpose of this thread is to list any issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Notification sound issue (ear speaker < - > loud speaker) 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

284 REPLIES 284
Message 1 of 285
Message 1 of 285

Issue : Sounds to Ear-Piece after upgrade to 4.4.2

Hi to everyone.

Yesterday I've upgraded my Z1C White ITALY, to KITKAT. I did it through SUS, doin' also a RESET, just for not having some issues and instead i've noticed a strange but serious issue ....

it has happened two times today ...

It happens that sounds about some music, notifications, videos, are not put directly to the external speaker, but these are diffused into the ear-piece, and I dont ear headphones ... Now I'm doing a reset through PC Companion ... what could it be ?

Thank you for your interest.

Sorry 4 my bad english

Message 2 of 285
Message 2 of 285

Re: Issue about sounds after upgrade to KitKat

UP. I did a reset throught "Repair your phone" from Pc Companion ... Did u get into this issue ?

Adviser
Message 3 of 285
Message 3 of 285

Re: Issue about sounds after upgrade to KitKat

I have the same problem.

Upgraded to 4.4.2 through PC Companion.

Yesterday it was ok, I did not modify any sound settings and suddenly today all notifications and call sounds go to the earpiece instead of speaker (i think since the sound is very low).

I have missed calls and messages since they are very low volume.

All sound volume settings are on Max.

I regret updating.

Sony, please fix it or find us a workaround asap until it's fixed, the phone is not very usable this way.

One time poster
Message 4 of 285
Message 4 of 285

Re: Issue about Sounds to Ear-Piece after upgrade to KitKat

The same problem here. Resetting the device didn't work for longer than a few hours. The Xperia Chat Support told me to repair device via PC Companion which I just did. I keep you informed whether it helped. I am just extremely annoyed to set up the phone for the second time today -.-

Message 5 of 285
Message 5 of 285

I did two resets : First one when I upgraded to Kitkat, and another one through Sony PC Companion but 10 minutes ago has happened again ... So I did in this way to avoid this situazion or not doing a quickboot or a restart ... You should go into Settings- INFO Telephone - Diagnostics - Test - Speaker ... and have a test and It will be operative again ... Winking Face

SONY U SHOULD FIX IN FEW DAYS Because we can't live in this way ;(

Visitor
Message 6 of 285
Message 6 of 285

I have the same problem and I want to see the official answer from sony when there will be a correction

Message 7 of 285
Message 7 of 285

SONY, are u hearing me ? This bug is present also on SONY ULTRA, Z1, and Z1C, for the ONES who UPGRADED TO 4.4.2 . IT'S an annoying bug, that can make u lose some important calls ... it's happening everyday, but I don't know the frequency among one and one bug ...

Learner
Message 8 of 285
Message 8 of 285

Also I have the same problem after upgrading to kk z1 compact.
It 'a serious problem! a smartphone should be first and foremost a phone. what's the use if you can not hear when it rings?

Message 9 of 285
Message 9 of 285

Can we downgrade to 4.3 so we don't have anymore this problem ?