account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 Compact 4.4 Update Issues

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 151 of 285
Message 151 of 285

Sony Z1 Compact, Singapore

After the recent software update, I went to Youtube and the sound wasn't playing on its loudspeaker but was playing at the sub-speaker. I tried playing videos and songs from my File Commander, same thing happens.

Does anyone here have the same problem as me? How do I solve this?

Message 152 of 285
Message 152 of 285

Re: Sony Z1 Compact, Singapore

Just look through this topic.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 153 of 285
Message 153 of 285

Re: Sony Z1 Compact, Singapore

Hey Mods/Admins,

still didn't got any response to my posted bug :/

It was about the WLAN traffic indicator, which is locked and always shows the upload arrow even though there isn't any traffic.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10466190/Screenshot_2014-03-30-16-08-44.png

Any idea ?

Inhabitant
Message 154 of 285
Message 154 of 285

Re: Xperia Z1 Compact 4.4 Update Issues

@Gikey wrote:

@Sokin wrote:

I HATE Angry Face the new quick settings menu(also the black and gray colors)...

You should try to use 'reject call with message' ... much beter than new quick settings menu Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Yes I know its stupid, but never used that feature and I ll never will so I don't care Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 155 of 285
Message 155 of 285

Problems i found in kitkat 4.4.2 update:

- camera sometimes takes a long time to load

- when using creative effect camera is very slow and phone becomes hot -closing the camera app opens up web browser

- occasionally certain buttons don't react when pressed in walkman player 

- phone sometimes ramdomly restarts

- videos sometimes wont load in web browser (possably a chrome bug)

- volume sometimes comes out of earpice insted of speaker

- battery life seems slightly shorter than what it was in jellybean

- when answering calls sometimes the sound will automatically come trough speaker instead of earpice

Adept
Message 156 of 285
Message 156 of 285

The only problem I have with kitkat is that the there is a delay in opening the camera app.

Other things I encountered were the music going to earpiece (once) and the battery draining faster than before (for about 2 days). I don't have these issues now.

The battery has actually improved now and I am happy with it.

Regular
Message 157 of 285
Message 157 of 285

After the latest software update there is some kind of conflict that makes the sound disfunction when using my normal bluetooth headset (JABRA PRO 9400). The headset worked fine for a couple of weeks, but following the last update, the connection (sound) will be unstable after a some time of convervsation (usually 3-5 minutes). The poor connection results in noise (scrambling) and loss of microphone.

Strangely, it does not happen when using my other JABRA SUPREME headset.

Visitor
Message 158 of 285
Message 158 of 285

Media sound

i bought this phone from only 6 days after 2 days i updated the system by android 4.4 (Kit kat) form 2 days there is a problem appeared with me, when i decrease sound for any playing media ( like song, game,etc) then increase it, the sound is disturbance, some time ring sound is very low , and alarm sound also, i make power off and on then check found it is back normal. but after sometimes found disturbance again. going to setting and check for the sound volume found all high but the problem still. also there is another notice, if any game is running during that problem and during i'm going out form the game, the sound is going high immediatly. 

can you help me how to solve that??

Message 159 of 285
Message 159 of 285

Re: Media sound

Look through this topic,it is a common issue.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 160 of 285
Message 160 of 285

Re: Media sound

so there is any way to back to 4.3