account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z1 Compact 4.4 Update Issues

Adviser
Message 81 of 285
Message 81 of 285

Re: Xperia Z1 Compact 4.4 Update Issues

you need to swipe the camera icon to activate the camera.

Adviser
Message 82 of 285
Message 82 of 285

upgraded to 4.4.2 a few hours ago..
1.Disappointed to see the flash bleed [yes, its still there Worried Face ]
2.The battery is discharging tooooo fast [ hope it'll improve after few days Folded Hands ]
3.Bringing the quick setting with 2 fingers is impossible with one hand operation [ and its annoying too Angry Face ]
4.The phone already hanged once [ while saving a photo ]
5.After taking some photos, there were some dead pixel[on the upper left corner of the screen] and the screen was split into two vertical parts [ 5% of the right side of the screen was showing in the left side of the phone ].....and it was fixed after rebooting the device.

I didn't find any speaker problem or others after upgrading and there's still no word from SONY about fixing those bugs.
Hoping to hear some official response from SONY [ after all it is one of their flagship phones, isn't it  :smileysmileywink: ]

Adviser
Message 83 of 285
Message 83 of 285

I hoped that the ncreasing volume option will work after the upgrade. It still does not. Anyone has the same issue?

One time poster
Message 84 of 285
Message 84 of 285

Phew.D

I'm so glad that I don't have any of the mentioned issues. However, I'm a bit disappointed of the update, though. Not many new features and such. I'm mainly refering to the camera, which I thought was going to receive time-shift recording and 4k video resolution. The pictures I get from the Z1c aren't very good either(and I suspect the software to be the cause).

Will there be an update to the camera coming in the near future?

Enthusiast
Message 85 of 285
Message 85 of 285

@rezwanrrr wrote:

upgraded to 4.4.2 a few hours ago..
1.Disappointed to see the flash bleed [yes, its still there Worried Face ]

Hoping to hear some official response from SONY [ after all it is one of their flagship phones, isn't it  :smileysmileywink: ]

Don't expect that any kind of software update will fix this because this a hardware issue.

You can easily fix it with this solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2671795

I did it, works perfectly.

Don't expect any official response from Sony either. They don't do it.

They will fix issues or not. It's that easy and that annoying.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 86 of 285
Message 86 of 285

Still the bug when you have Stamina Mode enabled, LED Notifications dont work correctly

Inhabitant
Message 87 of 285
Message 87 of 285

Yes Same problem here! Speaker not very silent.

Sony Chat didn´t heard of this problem. Bull**bleep**!

I made reset with companion. Nothing. Same problem as bevore!

A telefon an it cannot ring! The most needed funktion.

If sony will ignore it or don´t fix it in the next days, I will return it and go to another concern.

One time poster
Message 88 of 285
Message 88 of 285

Hi All

After the update I have recognized a GPS issue AGAIN!

It is similar to the issue I had on Sony Xperia Neo 2,5 years ago. See:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-pro-Xperia-neo-V-Xperia/GPS-issues-since-update/m-p/107842#M326...

Today it looks like this:

Issue.jpg

Last time the solution was the update to ICS. Do I have to wait on Lollypop?

What is wrong with Google and Sony, that they could not manage to test the updates properly.

Unbelievable.

How can I go back to Jelly Bean?

Bye

Inhabitant
Message 89 of 285
Message 89 of 285

Same problem with speaker!

Did repair over companion. No app installed, no setting changed. 

Inhabitant
Message 90 of 285
Message 90 of 285

One more thing is that even the alarm clock doesn´t bring a correct sound. So I have to set a external alarm. I use my old iPhone 4. Ok, it laggs because of the new iOS, but it rings like a new one. Loud, so I wake up!

I had other difficulties with my iPhone, but those were nothing to this. 

Even the live support chat told me, that I am the first one with this problem? (German Support) I gave "Simone" the link to this topic in forum. 

I went away from Apple to Android, thinking SONY is the best choise. But after only 4 Weeks with Android and SONY, I have problems wich I couldn´t even imagine with an Apple product. 

Ok, every producer has some problems with the KitKat. But they admit and do something. 

HTC for expample stopped the rollout for fixing/ patching a problem. 

I don´t know why SONY isn´t able to do something to help.