account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z1 Battery Drain

Message 221 of 335
Message 221 of 335

Re: Xperia Z1 Battery Drain

Good,it might be related to the SD.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 222 of 335
Message 222 of 335

It is related to process seeking SD, rather than a faulty SD card,

As this is surfaced post software upgrade.

Rookie
Message 223 of 335
Message 223 of 335

Hi all,

Regarding xperia Z1 battery drain, here is a method to control battery drain.

settings--data usage--on top right corner there will be three dots.press, and mark "restrict back ground data". it's done..

things to take note:

we wont be able to update apps if this restriction is ON. Uncheck to update apps.

apart from this, no other issues.. battery time increases and stable.

advantages:

data can be saved by minimising usage by running background applications.

really works..

thanks to XDA developers thread.

please try..

Talent
Message 224 of 335
Message 224 of 335

didnt solve the main issue that in wifi mode is on easily drains or just notification for 2 hrs drains 10 % or watching youtube only for 15 min drains 15% or using facebook messenger or watsapp for 1 hr drains 20% this not in mobile data this on high speed wifi so its simple the firmware is buggy that drains batterylife sony needs to fix this 

One time poster
Message 225 of 335
Message 225 of 335

I unplugged my Z1 from the charger at 100% full at 7.30am and now at 1.30pm I have 15% left. It says I have 6 hours left on the battery but I'll be lucky to get to 2pm.

I have looked at Facebook a couple of times today and answered 4 text messages, and 3 whatsapp messages.

I have it checking for emails and have stamina enabled, plus have the power saving modes all selected. It's never been great on battery power, but recently I have been lucky to get home from work at 2.30pm before having to charge it again. Today just seems worse than ever. Not happy with it at all on battery performance alone but stuck in a contract for another 18 months!

Screenshot_2014-05-16-13-29-03.png

Talent
Message 226 of 335
Message 226 of 335

Re: Battery Life

battery life has become poor but not like yours for me facebook whatss app messengers using those drains pretty easily but the fastest drainer is watching videos in movies app and youtube 

Message 227 of 335
Message 227 of 335

It seems that screen was on most of the time.Something could have kept on your device.Did you try safe mode?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 228 of 335
Message 228 of 335

Battery Problems After Upgrading kitkat!!!!

The battery does not last me nothing now lasts me 3 hours and heats a lot and doing nothing Slightly frowning Face Help!!!
Demigod
Message 229 of 335
Message 229 of 335

Re: Battery Problems After Upgrading kitkat!!!!

If a phone heats up, it means it's doing a lot of things in the background. This is normal when you just upgrade Android. This will go on for a few hours. Just leave it on the charger over night. Things will settle down to normal after that.

Adept
Message 230 of 335
Message 230 of 335

Re: Battery Problems After Upgrading kitkat!!!!

This is a bug from the last sony update. Lots of people have this issue...

We need to wait an answer from sony to give us the update. I updated my phone about a month ago, and the battery keeps draining and the phone keeps heating... I had already done everithin.. SUS, System restore, unmark the box to stop send infos about google advices... Everything... The phone keeps draining my battery and heating my pocket...

The only thing you can do by now is disable mobile data... When i disable,it stops heating and the battery lasts a little more... Try this... And then, try to sell you phone and buy one from a serious brand! Winking Face