account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 Battery Drain

Message 251 of 335
Message 251 of 335

Re: Xperia Z1 Battery Drain

You should run the phone in safe mode and see if the same occurs:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 252 of 335
Message 252 of 335

Re: Battery Life

Sony Xperia Z1 the battery life is fantastic ......... cos my previous Note 1 the battery life really **bleep** big time lol ....

So i shall not complain too much with Xperia Z1 

Message 253 of 335
Message 253 of 335

LOL note 1 is very old compared to Z1 of course you wont see such issue with it lol

*Money is not everything in the world*
One time poster
Message 254 of 335
Message 254 of 335

Dear Sony Support,

The short battery life problem persists on the Z1.  I have a C6906 that i bought in February,  and I can barely make it last through the day with moderate use.  Mostly web surfing,  emails, Facebook,  taking a couple of photos, and one or two phone calls.   I have Android 4.4.2, location based wifi on, and screen brightness quite low.  I know that I can turn on stamina mode, but that has its downside.   What else can I do?

Thanks

Message 255 of 335
Message 255 of 335

Do you use battery savers,task killers,antivirus?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 256 of 335
Message 256 of 335

I've got the same problem as you. But it came only up since the latest Sony update 10.5.A.0.230.This update (about 2 weeks ago) made my battery drain about three times faster and it's steadily warm, eaven if I don't use it. The apps on the phone are the same. Also like my usage of the phone didn't change.

Rookie
Message 257 of 335
Message 257 of 335

In just 2 Hours, the battery went from 100% to 39%.

Its also overheating as **bleep**.

Android Version: 4.3

Build Number: 14.2.A.0.290

Are you working on something to fix this or its just my unit failing?

PLEASE SONY, DO SOMETHING (!)

Screenshot_2014-06-18-11-11-03~2.jpg

Sony Xperia Support
Message 258 of 335
Message 258 of 335

@Denis76 wrote:

I've got the same problem as you. But it came only up since the latest Sony update 10.5.A.0.230.This update (about 2 weeks ago) made my battery drain about three times faster and it's steadily warm, eaven if I don't use it. The apps on the phone are the same. Also like my usage of the phone didn't change.

Please check if it's Google Play Services that's using alot of battery from Settings -> Power management -> Battery usage. if so, please see http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/4-4-2-problems-for-xperia-z-zl-and-zr/m-p/705945#M42106

@@RainingTV

Could you post a screenshot of what apps that are using most battery as well?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 259 of 335
Message 259 of 335

Yes, for sure.

Before showing that, let me tell you that Ive made the same mistake (installing the last kit kat update on my old XPERIA ZL) and it drain as "beep" again...

So then, I changed it to my NEW XPERIA Z1, hoping not to fail again...

It seems the 100% of the battery... without any screen usage will last to just 3hours? (????)

Its a shame i should throw away my "sony is the best" comments Slightly frowning Face

Here it is. Any help?

Screenshot_2014-06-18-11-39-50~2.jpg

Sony Xperia Support
Message 260 of 335
Message 260 of 335

Check the battery level and then try holding the red button under the cover for the SIM-card for a few seconds and then start the phone again and check the battery level. Did it change much?

Regarding ZL i suspect it's this issue: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/4-4-2-problems-for-xperia-z-zl-and-zr/m-p/705945#M42106

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.