account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z1 Battery Drain

Enthusiast
Message 21 of 335
Message 21 of 335

Xperia Z1 Battery Drain

I have been reading posts all over that the Xperia Z1 gives quite a good battery performance but I am not sure if my unit is defective or not as I have shut down the xreality engine, put the network mode to "WCDMA (preferred)/GSM", screen brightness slider is full but the "adapt to lighting conditions" is on,  low battery mode is on, location-based Wi-Fi is on, Auto Sync is on (for dropbox, facebook, google, Whatsapp and Xperia with Facebook), location services is off and the bluetooth and NFC both are off!

Even after doing all this my battery drains really fast, its down to 40% now with only about 5 hours of being removed from the charger!

I just wanted to know if this was normal with the Z1 or is it something to do with my unit and since its only about a week old I can request for a replacement. It would be much appreciated if you guys can help me out!!

cheers

PS: I have included a picture of the battery usage history from the phone

Screenshot_2013-09-30-16-43-36.png

334 REPLIES 334
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 335
Message 1 of 335

Battery Life

Dear Sony again your battery results are dismal for video playback and Web browsing I mean the z1 has the best call time of any phone then to be shot down with Web browsing and video playback well below the 7 hour mark with a 3000mah battery. Your software needs optimising ASAP because competition with similar specs get over 10 hours Web browsing and almost the same playing video so how is it with a lighter skin you my dear Sony is doing so bad? Gsm area gave you a 53 hour endurance rating and these tech sites are the eyes and ears for many who are considering your devices it's not all about specs and then can't back it up also your camera is getting subpar reviews please up your software game as a one time leader in innovation you are struggling badly now. :-(
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 335
Message 2 of 335

Re: Battery Life

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass this on internally to see if any improvements can be made. The current specification is that video playback time is up to 6.6h on a full charge.

Overall i must say that i'm very satisfied with the battery performance in Z1. With my usage i've always had to charge every night on previous smartphones but with the Z1 i can go for 2 days with the same usage.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 335
Message 3 of 335

i had to get a second battery as phone will not last past 10hr not happy pain in the .....

Emperor
Message 4 of 335
Message 4 of 335

You can't take the battery out / remove the battery 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 335
Message 5 of 335

got a battery off e bay £18 clips to the out side like having a second back

4200 mAH L36h

Visitor
Message 6 of 335
Message 6 of 335

works well, phone works most of the day i use it as backup when running low happens a lot , would you make a car that runs on battery and i only go 10 miles be a waste of time. A bit like a phone that you need to carry a charger so it will last the day out

Visitor
Message 7 of 335
Message 7 of 335

They should have made two versions one slim light and one thicker with bigger battery

Emperor
Message 8 of 335
Message 8 of 335

Keep in mind the size of the screen, its all about how you use the phone, the more you sync the faster it will drain 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 9 of 335
Message 9 of 335

I have been using the phone periodically, throughout the day but don't really watch videos or take too many photos, but the battery still gives up by the 8 - 9PM and I have to recharge it if I am going out later. It is very disappointing with such a large battery. The brightness settings were also kept on low throughout the day, and standby mode is activated by 40% battery level automatically. 

Please suggest how to improve this.