account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 Battery Drain

Talent
Message 241 of 335
Message 241 of 335

Re: Xperia Z1 Battery Drain

there is no crap in z1 everyone is using same software which were installed in 4.3 why uninstall them when in 4.3 it wasent draining battery cant you guys see its kitkat draining and its buggy 

Highlighted
Message 242 of 335
Message 242 of 335

As you can see below, the estimate lifetime of my battery is 1 day and 11 hours with 79% charged and stamina mode activated. I dont think it will last that long, once I keep my wifi on almost the whole day.

This is weird, because before I upgrade to the last software version, the battery had a better performance.

Screenshot_2014-05-22-17-29-38.png

Message 243 of 335
Message 243 of 335

ghani661,

I also think it is a software bug. Lets wait till Sony do some move to fix that.

Br.

Message 244 of 335
Message 244 of 335

I don't know what to say man thats kinda weird to me,my phone works perfectly ....I'm surprised...

*Money is not everything in the world*
Talent
Message 245 of 335
Message 245 of 335

why cant sony and advisers dont realise that people with 4.3 didnt had this battery drain issue and it is happening in 4.4 kitkat and that it is a software bug because i clearly use to have 5 hr screen time on lte and wifi on not off and none power saving features on  and now only 2-3 hrs screen time hardly...... seriously dont give the advice which will not solve when the bug is in the firmware causing the battery drain 

Talent
Message 246 of 335
Message 246 of 335

sony pushed z1 updadte really fast thats why battery drain and heating see z2 new firmware solved every problem and has 12 hr video playback and us z owners 5-6 hrs solve this issue sony 

Message 247 of 335
Message 247 of 335

Let's hope they will fix this problem as fast as they can !

*Money is not everything in the world*
Inhabitant
Message 248 of 335
Message 248 of 335

You all ready for a theory?

This theory is for all of the problems that came in the latest update. Ive seen this before and funny enough it usually happens close to the launch of a new device Grinning Face

Here goes: How many of you read about tests, commercial about the Z2 ? Saying it has great performance, great battery time, no stupid reboots and so on. Has anyone here (hands on your heart) thought the idea that you might wanna get rid of your Z1 and buy a Z2 instead since that is working Winking Face

Could there be a possibility then that there aint a coincidence that the Z1 now is filled with bugs ? I mean the Z2 works, and the hardware isnt that much of a difference tbh. Its pretty much the same phone even. I guess you could see the difference since it has a IPS display but performance wise i dont think you can feel it if both Z1 and Z2 were bugfree. Maybe some will leave the Sony platform and buy something else, but W8 there will be a Z3 and a Z4, so thoose customers might come back then. Most will i think just stick with their handsets or some will buy the Z2 instead. And since Sony actually are saying that there is nothing wrong with their software, and actually they aint saying much at all. This is kinda strengthen the theory. This would probably go for the ppl that bought the Z1 when released. The ones that just bought it like me might not do it. But i have thought about it myself to find a way to get my retailer to take my phone and switch it for a Z2 instead. Selling the phone feels just wrong now since it aint working properly. But depending on how it goes im stil waiting for invites to buy the OnePlus One phone. But i cant wait for ever. 

Sony wanna make MONEY, they dont care how they succed in doing it, just as long as they do it.

Sorry for the long post but this is how i see it. And i think i might be very close to the actual truth. Or could Sony go public with all the known problems maybe ?

And we aint that interested in how the phone works in "Safe Mode". Or do you sell the Z2 to run in "Safe Mode" aswell ?

One time poster
Message 249 of 335
Message 249 of 335

Like many my phone has become pretty much unusable since the 10.5.A.0.230 updsate and is lasting for little more than 50% of the time it was immediately prior to the update!!. Again like many I am now gettin more than 70% usage showing as Google Services, time to act, I'm already looking for an alternative phone when in fact I have been more than happy with this one!!

One time poster
Message 250 of 335
Message 250 of 335

My first post here in this forum and with a problem. In this topic people complain about fast drain as am i about to. But for me it's somewhat different. So to the problem i have:

When i use the phone (make calls, play games, surf the internet etc) the drainage is better than what my Z had some time ago. The problem is after the usage. For example i have experienced rapid drain during night time when the phone is on idle. I think it is not normal that 95% battery is drained in less than 6 hours in stamana mode or 35% in less than 2 hours under same conditions. After those two occurances i have recharged my phone to full 100% and in the next 8 hours it has drained only up to 5% of battery. So the exessive drainage is not happening all the time. 

Long and confusing story.

What might be the problem? Some kind of app running on background or software related issue? 

Is there a way to monitor battery usage and see history after the mobile has powered itself down?