account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z1 Battery Drain

Enthusiast
Message 231 of 335
Message 231 of 335

Re: Battery Problems After Upgrading kitkat!!!!

It's not "normal", I've had 4 Android phones and that never happened to me when updating the OS.

It's a bug in Sony's 4.4.2 firmware.

Sony Xperia Z1
Talent
Message 232 of 335
Message 232 of 335

yes its a bug causing battery drain  Harime

One time poster
Message 233 of 335
Message 233 of 335

Re: Xperia Z1 Battery Drain

I have tried every solution in this thread and nothing worked for me. My phone is spending 99% of the time in deep sleep mode and it is still losing 4-5% battery every hour. I tried formating the micro SD card, airplane mode, even removing the SIM card, restricting the background data, Safe Mode, closing and disabling apps, even google services and google play, nothing worked. The battery is losing 4-5% every hour in stand by mode, no matter what I do and I don't see any unusual consumer in the power management menu.

My phone also has another problem. The USB data transfer is not working, so I can't root it and therefore I can't see detailed battery stats or flash other firmware. And it is hardware related for sure. The micro USB port is broken.

Can anyone give me a suggestion about how I can debug this problem ? Could it be a broken circuit that drains the battery ? Could this battery drain be related to the broken USB port/circuit ?

Message 234 of 335
Message 234 of 335

usually the reason is an app that drains out the battery really quick, you should know what type of app you are installing some of them can even make the phone really hot !

*Money is not everything in the world*
Demigod
Message 235 of 335
Message 235 of 335

"It's not "normal", I've had 4 Android phones and that never happened to me when updating the OS.

It's a bug in Sony's 4.4.2 firmware." - Harime

When you have played around with lots of firmwares and ROMs, for dozens of androids, you will understand. Smiling Face with Sunglasses

I had the same isue when I first update as well. It's draining too fast. I even went to the servcie centre. But they told me to keep on using it for a few days. And guess what, a day later, everything is fine. 

Talent
Message 236 of 335
Message 236 of 335

What is this simple hangouts watsapp and Facebook messager in 1 hr drained 22% of.battery honestly the firmware is bad in 4.3 last update never happened this issue 

Highlighted
Message 237 of 335
Message 237 of 335

I'm having the same problem. After the update to the 14.3.A.0.757 (which fixed the sound issues) my battery doesnt last more than a day, even in the stamina mode and without connecting to the wifi and stuff.

Does anyone know if Sony already knows about it or if they are working on it?

Br.

Message 238 of 335
Message 238 of 335

don't know what to say if my phone were in stamen mode and not connected to wifi it can last 4 or more days while if it was connected to wifi it can last about 2 days or a day and a half ,

here is my idea uninstall all your apps that you have and restart the phone and see if any changes occur or not and tell me !

Message 239 of 335
Message 239 of 335

I'll try to uninstall some crap I've got on my phone and see if something changes.

Thanks dude.

Br.

Message 240 of 335
Message 240 of 335

Alright you do that and restart the phone and see the changes,I shall wait ur answer,have a nice day,