account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 4.4.4 Update Issues (14.4.A.0.155 and .157)

Enthusiast
Message 311 of 521
Message 311 of 521

Re: Xperia Z1 4.4.4 Update Issues

Jmerino , remove your sd card and try a software repair again. Don't put the sd card back in. Does this help? Some have suggested issues with certain sd cards and suggest taking them out for the update process. Worth a try! Good luck.
Enthusiast
Message 312 of 521
Message 312 of 521

@Jmerino i suggest u give it to sony service center because this is not a common problem in 4.4.4 the camera error is present but rest works fine only few small bugs plus the camera experience is poor for low light 

One time poster
Message 313 of 521
Message 313 of 521

i notice my z1 camera quality is now poor after updating to 4.4.4. and the 20.7mp sreen resoluton on maunal mode is smaller. also when using the creative effect mode, phone gets hot and shuts down the camera app. please why is this. or should i reset back to factory settings as the update seems to be a problem.

Enthusiast
Message 314 of 521
Message 314 of 521

well i have tried everything even changed my phone via service center but nothing the camera quality is still poor camera error message still appears this is kind of a plague in sonys 4.4 updates and phone yet  sony havent fixed it 

One time poster
Message 315 of 521
Message 315 of 521

I am having some of the same issues on my  Xperia Z1s  after the 4.4.4 Update

1. Overheating easily

2. Quick battery drain

3. My call log just cleared on me last night - that is new 

4. Lost access to Wifi connections, specifically connecting to APs that does not broadcast SSID.

Enthusiast
Message 316 of 521
Message 316 of 521

I Have purchased a new Xperia Z1 (black) few days back.
Phone is working great except its WiFi.
I am explaining the issue.- when phone is connected to data connection of my sim card, all sony's official websites and sony's official apps and update center works fine.
But when phone is connected to a WiFi network then sony's website, sony's apps and update center don't work at all.
On any browser like chrome and many other when I try to open sonymobile.com, it shows error - "This webpage is not available."
And when I open sony's app like "Sony Select", Xperia Privilege (and many more)" it also shows error - Please check your internet connection".
And when I try To update available updates in Update Center, It shows error- "Pending For Network" and does not start updating apps.
All these issues are not there when I access internet from my sim card data connection.
I have updated my Xperia Z1 system software to latest version and also tried PC companion repair option.

Please help me to get rid of this issue as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 317 of 521
Message 317 of 521

i hope sony is working on a new update specially for the camera because low light pictures and camera error and freezing is terrible experience 

Visitor
Message 318 of 521
Message 318 of 521

Hi

I am now on my second Z1 after 2 weeks. Updated phone to 4.4.4, then only problems.

Battery drain.

Camera not functioning properly.

Screen flimmering.

Screen going half black.

I am not going to update my second phone until this update works as it should. I recommend that no-one updates to 4.4.4!

Lee

Learner
Message 319 of 521
Message 319 of 521

I have similer problem after upgrade to -4.4.4 - build - 14.4.A.0.108

If my phone is locekd & I access camera using camera button witghout unlocking phone. it opens up camera & when I take pictures....many a times it alows me to take one picture & than freeze & many a times as soon as I press camera button to take pictrure it freees & does not save picture than I lock the phone usiing power button to come out of this bad situation.

Learner
Message 320 of 521
Message 320 of 521

Camera problems after - upgrade to -4.4.4 - build - 14.4.A.0.108

Facing  problem after upgrade to -4.4.4 - build - 14.4.A.0.108 If my phone is locekd & I access camera using camera button witghout unlocking phone. it opens up camera & when I take pictures....many a times it alows me to take one picture & than freeze & many a times as soon as I press camera button to take pictrure it freees & does not save picture than I lock the phone usiing power button to come out of this bad situation.

Even if my phone is unlocked & I try to access camera & take picture....many times camera is freezed as soon as i clock button to take picture.....

with this upgrade camera problem has even worsen...two day ago even while shooting for 3-4 min...camera again heated up & shutdown

Sony please fix it

rgrds....suneet