account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z1 4.4.4 Update Issues (14.4.A.0.155 and .157)

One time poster
Message 291 of 521
Message 291 of 521

xperia z1 over heating and battery drain..android 4.4.4

i have buyed a sony xperia z1 and its over heated with a minutes...all the applications are closed and did not running anything but the battery is getting down and over heated my cell...first time i buy sony and i am very very very worried about that..please resolve the issue of z z1 and many other z series...

Message 292 of 521
Message 292 of 521

Re: xperia z1 over heating and battery drain..android 4.4.4

I have the Z1S (tmobile version) and my battery life is terrible(about half) with 4.4.4, im about to downgrade back to 4.3!  Also the memory usage has gotten worse not better and my camera is buggy....

Visitor
Message 293 of 521
Message 293 of 521

Re: Xperia Z1 4.4.4 Update Issues

Before 4.4.4 mine whould heat up, seemed normal(still does) but my head phone jack acts funny, when I disconnect the jack, it still stays in headphone mode and no sound comes from the loud speaker. And when I close apps and head to my home screen, my icons lag or don't pop up as fast as the previous firmware. I will keep up to date if anything else happens. "note: I have the z1s"
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 294 of 521
Message 294 of 521

Z1 major phonebook issues after 4.4.4.

Okay, this is really getting out of hand. A week ago I've posted my phonebook issue here:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/Phone-book-super-slow/m-p/784759#U784759

Haven't got any useful help, so the android update notice really cheered me up " maybe this will fix things!".

To my huge dissapointment - it hasn't. It made it worse. Now 80% of the time I can't even open my phonebook, not even the dial pad, because as soon as the window opens it closes and I get the following messages: 

"Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" and then "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped

I don't even know what to say, this is beyond frustrating. honestly, I don't expect much from my Z1, but when the basic phone functions stop working on an expensive phone like this, I am speechless..

I hope you can attend to my issue as soon as possible.

Enthusiast
Message 295 of 521
Message 295 of 521

Wow hey look Xperia z1 got beaten by one plus one sony should make camera software like this and we can enjoy taking good quality pictureshttp://www.xperiablog.net/2014/08/01/camera-shootout-oneplus-one-versus-xperia-z2/
One time poster
Message 296 of 521
Message 296 of 521

Xperia Z1 camera issue

When i take photos by this z1 camera, it seems color contrast,brightness is perfect, brilliant.  I am amazed seeing picture quality, color contrast, brightness. But when transfer those pictures in my laptop, it seems that those pictures brightness,color contrast is gone. The pictures seems dark.

I didnt apply any effects. I applied manual or supirior focus only.

How can i fix this ?

so that the pictures seem same in color contrast, brightness.I am focusing on image quality basically.

Message 297 of 521
Message 297 of 521

I've figured out why my battery life is terrible, it has to do with the screen (doesn't get as dark as it used to) and its eating my battery alive!

UPDATE: well I just started using it this morning and its only been about 5 min and my battery life dropped from 91% to 87% and I looked into the battery usage app and its saying android OS is eating my battery..... So I'm stumped Cuz my sync is disabled..and never had this problem with 4.3

Message 298 of 521
Message 298 of 521

back on 4.3 and now im happy....Nerd Face

I have to admit that wifi was improved and smoothness was as well, but not by much; and to the cost of my battery, no thanks....im about to root my stuff and remove the update center so im no longer pestered by the OTA update....seriously sony? get your stuff right...before you push an update, and being stuck on Tmo we most like wont see an update to fix the "fix" for at least 3-6months -.-

One time poster
Message 299 of 521
Message 299 of 521

camera problem

I have a z1 and when I go to camera to shot it's freezing and I can't shot any photos.
Talent
Message 300 of 521
Message 300 of 521

Re: camera problem

Same here. Just switch the phone off and on and this should get it to work for a while. I reported the issue to Sony, as both my Z1's do this and was told it is a known issue and will be fixed in the next update.

Steve