account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 4.4.4 Update Issues (14.4.A.0.155 and .157)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 521
Message 1 of 521

Xperia Z1 4.4.4 Update Issues (14.4.A.0.155 and .157)

Well, our much anticipated 4.4.4 has join the party. But unfortunately I found a bug already in my quite new Xperia Z1 which I

bought 10 days ago & updated last night to 4.4.4 from 4.4.2. 

Found a problem. I don't know whether this is only in my phone or its a bug in software. A little while ago I tried to open power management. When I press it, the screen started to scroll down on its own  Also in messenger, tried to tap a smiley. But it was not working, instead another smiley was selected  Then I switched off it and started again. Now its ok.

Also battery is not a huge improvement, but definitely better than 4.4.2. Um gonna play some HD games and lets see what happens then.

520 REPLIES 520
Adviser
Message 2 of 521
Message 2 of 521

Re: Xperia Z1 4.4.4 Update Issues

And I took some photos(around 25) and back part of mobile heats up very quickly Thinking Face

Message 3 of 521
Message 3 of 521

Ok,good to get feedback.For everybody else,please post here all the issues found.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 4 of 521
Message 4 of 521

I want to upgrade,but my phone is rooted. Will the root be still there?
Message 5 of 521
Message 5 of 521

The root will be gone.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 521
Message 6 of 521

there is no bug like that. I installed the new update its really fine. no over heating or battery drain. ( battery drain is a google os problem.not sony problem). only problem is every update sony will use more ram.. from last update now I have only 700MB free ram memory. if sony can manage the free ram side its really good. because samsung and HTC there update not effect to there free ram much. other than that there is no bugs on this update

Adviser
Message 7 of 521
Message 7 of 521

As I bought my mobile recently, I got 4.4.2 in mobile. So I don't know the good thing about 4.3 in Xperia Z1. But some heating issue exists in my mobile after updating 4.4.4. When I use google cam, then camera heats up quickly and also heats up while playing games :/

Talent
Message 8 of 521
Message 8 of 521

Nearly all of the phones heats while playing games. It is so normal.

Adept
Message 9 of 521
Message 9 of 521

14.4.A.0 108 pink camera and walkman sound too bad

pink camera and walkman sound too bad
Adept
Message 10 of 521
Message 10 of 521

Z1/Z1s 4.4.4 update issues

black lock screen opens