account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z1 4.3 Update bugs

Inhabitant
Message 101 of 223
Message 101 of 223

Re: Xperia Z1 4.3 Update bugs

For those guys who loses icon on status bar, you can manage the icons in setting/personalization/quick settings.
You cam add or remove any icon shows at the status bar there.
Inhabitant
Message 102 of 223
Message 102 of 223

I'm not sure if it's a bug or something else, my Z1 is freeze and shut down automatically for 3 times after I've updated to the latest firmware last week, it rarely happen when it's at .257.
Inhabitant
Message 103 of 223
Message 103 of 223

And when I got the update notification, I update straight form the phone, when it complete and rebooted, my battery level drop from 70%+ to 30%, the update eats up 40%+ battery in 3 minutes, be sure your Z1 have enough juice before update guys!
Apprentice
Message 104 of 223
Message 104 of 223

problem with camera app after 4.3 update

- take a photo --> ok

- touch the taken photo --> ok

- share your photo, choose a email client to send it --> ok

the photo is not put in attachement !!  you send an empty mail

works with other applications but not with camera app in 4.3

One time poster
Message 105 of 223
Message 105 of 223

Bluetooth in the last f/w 4.3 - fully stuped! Sony programmers - broken-hands luser. SONY! Dont sleep - you must make new update!

One time poster
Message 106 of 223
Message 106 of 223

update failed, tried the power and volume up button- nothing
tried the update again and phone completely died except for a screen saying update failed.
tried the update service download, that too stopped working 95% of the way through, ended up doing a full restore as the only way of getting the update onto it. 

now when trying to restore any settings it doesn't recognise the file.
i have just lost 3 months worth of, work files, apps, pics, films and music.
and to think i left apple for their constant update crap. absolutely fuming.

Talent
Message 107 of 223
Message 107 of 223

I also.have a.problem after the 4.3 upgrade with my car audio.. Worked fine out ofor the box.. Connected to the car audio.. Could make and receive calls without any problem... Now it connects to the car audio but I cannot make or receive calls.. Contacted Sony via email and they said it's a problem with my car audio! It works fine when using a Samsung s3 running 4.3... GREAT SUPPORT SONY...NOT THEY HAVE OBVIOUSLY COMPLETELY BUGGERED UP THE.BLUETOOTH STACK IN.THIS UPDATE... Mum testing? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 108 of 223
Message 108 of 223

English Autocorrect not working on Chinese Keyboard

Hi guys/Sony Support,

My frd and I encountered the same issue of English Autocorrection not working on the Chinese Keyboard of Z1 despite choosing the correct keyboard options and trying different permutations.

Did anyone encounter the same issue and was it finally resolved? Thank you.

One time poster
Message 109 of 223
Message 109 of 223

I hadnt thought that Sony would release such an update.
Its a peice of Crap.

Let me show the problems.
1. Album doesnt work, if I click on a pic it sometime opens, most of the time it doesnt and then the phone hangs all together for around 2-3 min and then it restarts which inturn loses all your open work.
2. Movies is not able to play anything. It just freezes and hangs the phone totally. MX player does work.
3. Walkman also hangs a lot.
4. Some apps just force close every now and then. (Music apps like Saavn, Ganna)
5. The UC browser doesnt work at all, just hangs all the time.
6. Chrome goes blank most of the time and is shows a black screen and if you refresh the page it starts working.
7. Camera gets hanged too some times, rarely though.

Why Sony released an update with these many bugs ?
Didnt they get time to TEST ?
I will make sure from next time that I will not update immediately after an update is launched, will wait for reviews and will update only when everything is fine.
I have heard that a new update 14.2.A.1.114 is on its way, hope this solves all these problems.

Mav
Inhabitant
Message 110 of 223
Message 110 of 223

ahve posted a thread on exactly the same issue as nalab. Buggered the Bluetooth stacks on the phone. Worked fine in 4.2.something. 4.3 its hopeless. can only make . recieve calls using the phone - audio routes via the car speakers / mic but control of calls is hopeless and is illegal in the uk to touch the phone whilst driving. makes it totally useless.

When are you releasing the updated build fo rthe Z1 on 4.3 Sony?

Oh, dont tell me its an issue wiht the car as this is reported widely across the web with 4.3 in general, not just the sony build.