account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z1 4.3 14.2.A.1.136 update

Regular
Message 111 of 154
Message 111 of 154

Re: Xperia Z1 4.3 14.2.A.1.136 update

so I have run copletly new instalation of an update 4.3 14.2.A.1.136 as it is latest update that PC COMPANION offers form Z1 in czech republic.

here is list of problems that are still there.

1. proximity sensor ( after call screen stays black I cannot end the call the other side has to do it first than my screen turns on again until than i can do nothing)

2. lower volume button still does not work at all!!!!( I cannot control volume and camera zoom)

3. WIFI get allways disconected ( preventing from week connection even if signal is full and i am standing 2 feet from wi-fi router

4.BT - does not comunicate with smartwatch MN2

5. after conecting to doc or clasic charger device restarts all the time.

6. touch screen - sometimes touchscreen reacting cca 0.5cm faway from finger so it is hard to use sms .

after restart it is ok for about an hour

so these are all problems I have now and I never had before an update

only advice i have got so far from sony is to wait until kitkat is released or some other fix,

on my question when it will be, I have bean told WE DON´T HAVE THAT INFORMATION

my friend used this update earlier this morning and he has now problems with BT, Wi-Fi, Volume buttons does not work, 

He used PC companion fix my phone so it was fully new instalation.

Regular
Message 112 of 154
Message 112 of 154

I wonder if someone from SONY will reply on this forum!!!

Talent
Message 113 of 154
Message 113 of 154

NO.... THEY WILL NOT... THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH BLUETOOTH ON THE 4.3 UPDATES (.290 and .136) AND EACH UPDATE SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE!!!!!!!! NOT HOLDING OUT ANY HOPE FOR 4.4 EITHER...

Regular
Message 114 of 154
Message 114 of 154

all my calls getting disconected after 39 seconds so i got so angry that :

I have solved all the problems now.................. I just bought samsung galaxy s4 active, sorry sony my first mobile was sony ericsson and my last sony xperia Z1 but I am really sad because the treament i got from sony official service was really bad!! and those so called updates made my mobile to become one 5inch large expensive piece of s**t. R.I.P. xperia Z1.

BUT I WILL WAIT FOR 4.4 IT WILL HELP I WILL KEEP Z 1 IF NOT I WILL DESTROY IT AND NEVER NEVER EVER WILL GO FOR SONY AGAIN.

Enthusiast
Message 115 of 154
Message 115 of 154

Well, screen sensivity got worse for mine and whenever I scroll or enlarge an image or a website, it will always be in havoc. Either directed to another page or it will not do anything. This happens especially in the albums app
Message 116 of 154
Message 116 of 154

Keep on not solving the costumers issues and you will end like Blackberry. STILL 4.2 versión after 2 months and 7 days.
Talent
Message 117 of 154
Message 117 of 154

Hi guys, sorry to hear about your problems with your Xperia Z1. I'm sure all phones have their problems and maybe Sony just had a few more, as for updates it does seem that Sony takes its time releasing theirs. I hope they do read these posts and try to help those with problems. I believe in customer service and so far Sony is off the mark when it comes to fixing their problems. I on the other hand wanted a good quality built handset and the Z1 was my choice.

One time poster
Message 118 of 154
Message 118 of 154

Hi all,

I can share my experience with 4.2.2 updates to 4.3:

1. Major problem for me is Bluetooth connectivity with car infotainment (Opel Insignia NAVI 900) - 4.2.2 works fine, 4.3 updates not. Some people in internet recommend flashing 4.2.2 baseband module after update to 4.3 with Flashtool. This some kind of downgrade only radio module (Wi-Fi, BT and etc). I had no success here with car hands free. I think that that it is BT stack bugs, because other phones woks.

2. Downgrading is related to lost IMEI key if you downgrading not to stock version when purchased - operators certifying against provided software versions.

3. Upgrading Android it is easy, but always leads unexpected results due customer's customization (various app's, settings changes, etc). Here is major rule: BACKUP YOR DATA and save. Then flash reset phone. Or better re-flash with Flashtool with all data WIPE option. Then you get naked clean system and can restore using Google Play applications and after restore your data from Sony Companion for PC or Mac.

Android is heavily modified Linux OS, so upgrade from one major release to other is not easy if you have modified stock settings. I guess that upgrade to 4.4 (Kitkat) will not resolve all your problems if you upgrade on the fly, but not wiping all phone data and settings.

Currently I returned to stock firmware (4.2.2) and this is ok for me because my needs (car BT, responsiveness, enterprise email and address book works) other funky things not important. Xperia Z1 is best at the moment Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 119 of 154
Message 119 of 154

Have been using the A1.136 for nearly a month, upgraded via SUS (factory reset), received update for Album apps 5.4.A.0.20 which fixed the photo zooming issue. So far my Z1 have no major issue except the sound volume. The sound volume is significantly fainter than sound volume of 4.2.2. I often need to set to full volume when watching you-tube. But i notice that if i pause the video and lower the volume to half of the scale, and resume the video playback, sometimes the volume become quite loud. Hopefully sony will fix this erratic behaviour of speaker volume as soon as possible.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 120 of 154
Message 120 of 154

Hi friends, look I have this issue right here by upgrading my Xperia Z1 to 136, the 290 update also gave me this problem, Ive tweeted to sony to get me some help and they dont answer, I wonder what the roblem is, been trying to figure that out, let me tell you what I have, I own a 64GB sony sdcard on my Z1, I already downgraded to 4.2.2 and it works fine, but I really like to know if this problem will get fixed in 4.4.2 beacuse I dont wanna stay on 4.2.2, anyway my sd card is full of music and FHD Videos, everytime I upgrade it, it doesnt play the videos, I own an xperia tablet Z, and the problem is ocurring too, can anyone help me with this, I'd be very thanked, the phone overheats a lot and it restarts the whole time... 

Thumbs up for the gold case Slightly smiling Face

heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCSdjgE9c60&feature=c4-overview&list=UUBLjieNAGSVFPzybzZiyVxw