account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z update to Android 4.4 KitKat

Message 41 of 97
Message 41 of 97

Re: Xperia Z update to Android 4.4 KitKat

Android 4.4 for Sony Experia z ????  May 2014 ???????????????? how day ?????????????????? .

Apprentice
Message 42 of 97
Message 42 of 97

Cool tails, yeah I know someone from Sony. It all depends also on the network your on. I know that EE is rolling it out next week ;-)
Adept
Message 43 of 97
Message 43 of 97

Good news if it pans out, I've got a smartband sat here waiting!!! Face with stuck-out Tongue

Learner
Message 44 of 97
Message 44 of 97

Why would EE be rolling out an update, when they only ever supplied unbranded C6603 handsets?
Adept
Message 45 of 97
Message 45 of 97

Xperia Z - 4.4 - Not looking promising.

Xperia care can't advise when kitkat is going to be pushed out for the Z, they have no dates as to when it will be released, and can't say if it will even be this month. going to be a long wait.... if it comes at all...

Capture1.PNG

Learner
Message 46 of 97
Message 46 of 97

Front line support never have information on release dates for updates. That's the same for any manufacturer. Until Sony announce otherwise, it will be pushed this month.
Adept
Message 47 of 97
Message 47 of 97

That makes me feel better...... Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 48 of 97
Message 48 of 97

Android 4.4 Kit Kat

When Xperia Z will have Kit Kat update in india??

It's been a long time but the update has not come yet.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 49 of 97
Message 49 of 97

Re: Android 4.4 Kit Kat

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

You can find the latest available software update information on our product blog.

If want to know more about software roll out process and how it works please see this topic.

Enthusiast
Message 50 of 97
Message 50 of 97

Re: Android 4.4 Kit Kat

May be in few days it will be out