account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z update to Android 4.4 KitKat

Adept
Message 11 of 97
Message 11 of 97

Re: Xperia Z update to Android 4.4 KitKat

I have a issues from news on internet and many more, that sony will skip android 4.3 that its true ? And now when android kitkat 4.4 out, sony will push 4.3 first for xperia z family, and @ullywoly say that to early to discus android 4.4 in xperia z family, i so confused with this all, what will i trust ?
Learner
Message 12 of 97
Message 12 of 97

I agree with the dariush752000 comment,

I have the uncarrier (T-Mobile) unupdated version.  I have had mine for almost 4 months and not one update has been pushed to this phone.

Commissioner
Message 13 of 97
Message 13 of 97

I'm using xperia zr for 2 weeks and I have got many updates...
Album, movies, xperia lounge, touch block, xperia home, walkman (twice), and xperia home...
Also 4.2.2... I'm from India
Commissioner
Message 14 of 97
Message 14 of 97

*4 weeks
Learner
Message 15 of 97
Message 15 of 97

Came across this article which writes:

After Xperia Z1 gets an Android 4.4 KitKat, it will be followed by two other members of the Xperia Z family - Xperia Z and Xperia Z Ultra.

One time poster
Message 16 of 97
Message 16 of 97

First of all, updates don't always depend on Sony, it partly depends on your carrier!
Second of all, the sourcecode for 4.4 for the Z has already been released and roms are already available and stable!

The update hype to that is not understandable to that, if you are not satisfied with what you have, upgrade your phone, but don't complain! Check for details before!
Adviser
Message 17 of 97
Message 17 of 97

@MobiusPizza, I'm skeptical about the veracity of this piece of news. I have never seen Sony acted that fast.

Learner
Message 18 of 97
Message 18 of 97

@slim207rc, the 4.3 upadate is entirely at the mercy of Sony.   The ones that are on 4.1.2 are going to go to 4.3 and skip over the 4.2 versions.

Adviser
Message 19 of 97
Message 19 of 97

Well, It seems that ZR won't be getting 4.4 update.

I don't understand, if the specs are the same, why does ZR get to be treated in such a way?

This is bad, Sony!

Message 20 of 97
Message 20 of 97

hmm maybe they forgot ZR? not sure if  no then what a bummer for those with ZR then :/