account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z update to Android 4.4 KitKat

Mei
Adept
Message 91 of 97
Message 91 of 97

Re: Xperia Z update to Android 4.4 KitKat

I'm from malaysia my xperia z c6603 still not received update to kitkat.. Slightly frowning Face
Visitor
Message 92 of 97
Message 92 of 97

yeah me too.. sony.com.my have shown that xperia z was released but my xperia z C6603 still don't get the update. pls help me. i'm still waiting for the update. tq 

One time poster
Message 93 of 97
Message 93 of 97

DONT update... it will make your Z close to useless... my batterytime went from great to **bleep** in an update. It takes 4 hours with normal use to deplete my battery after the update... ITS CRAP.

Adept
Message 94 of 97
Message 94 of 97

Me too I am from Austria and i didn't get the update till now.
It was released a week ago although Samsung releases the update for all customers at the same day.
Sony i thought you were better than samsung.
I am dissapointed!!!
Visitor
Message 95 of 97
Message 95 of 97

@Mido_King wrote:
It was released a week ago although Samsung releases the update for all customers at the same day.
I am dissapointed!!!

Sony is better than samsung. just hope that sony will make kitkat perfectly on xperia z when the update release

Adviser
Message 96 of 97
Message 96 of 97

@Mido_King wrote:
I am dissapointed!!!

Wrong. Samsung release the updates on the same to all Opertors. I work for one, and trust me, not everyone gets it at the same time. Once it's approved and tested, it's first released to a small batch of customers, and depending on feedback, then to all customers.

"I know quote-fu"

Adept
Message 97 of 97
Message 97 of 97

Thanks