account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z touchscreen issue

Emperor
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Xperia Z touchscreen issue

@Rockburner

Or you can use a USB OTG cable and use a mouse to unlock the phone. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

@uliwooly wrote:

@Rockburner

Have you pulled the flap under the SIM card cover?

My phone is a Z - there is no flap. (at least - not that I can find, and my fingernail is now broken).

OTG cable en route.

Learner
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

For those who find this thread:

The IMEI number is actually printed on the outside of the Xperia Z.

At the base, where there is a barcode and it says "Made in China C6603" etc.... the next number (with hyphens) is the IMEI number. 

Hope that helps someone.

Emperor
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

@Rockburner

You are correct, I was thinking about my Z1 and not my Z. Do the IMEI number match? the one on the back and if you dial the service number?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

@uliwooly wrote:

@Rockburner

You are correct, I was thinking about my Z1 and not my Z. Do the IMEI number match? the one on the back and if you dial the service number?

They certainly do for me.

Albeit the number on the case has a couple of hyphens in - but compared to the internal record displayed on screen the number is identical.